NICE!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found this today.. (put up by someone for profit) needles to say this chock box was replaced with a WP adaptable box with glands.

SUNP0002-2.JPG

Sponsored Links
Apart from concluding it must be a choc-box outdoors, what is it for?

Just a feed to a security light.. didn't have the cable to recable so WP box it was

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
Must be on about par with Securesparks outdoor socket!!

Funny thing is though it wasn't tripping the RCD

Nah, Secure had both an indoor socket and damaged JB outdoors, way out of my league.

My money is on it would trip the RCD if it rained heavy enough to fill it up with water!!
Either that, or it wasn't earthed or not on an RCD protected circuit??

Was earthed and all circuits are RCD protected.

The only complaint that they had was that it only ever worked once which was due to a blown lamp, but never said anything about the RCD tripping.

Hey, just remembered! Saw a phone socket on the front of someone's house the other day...Sadly, it was before I bought my new cameraphone....

its crap like, but its a waterproof splice box, so would not trip...
at least it looks like the waterproof sort

TopTrumper said:
its rubbish like, but its a waterproof splice box, so would not trip...
at least it looks like the waterproof sort

It is, or rather was, just a standard choc box (not waterproof) - - but yes it is rubbish

Supply had been upgraded to underground some time ago so punter had used the old insulators to feed a chalet at bottom of the garden but also fed the detached garage with T&E on the connection strip!! Also connected to it was some 6mm T&E laid in the gutter as a submain to a workshop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back