NICEIC allows use of green/yellow conductor as live

Sponsored Links
makes it abundantly clear it refers to all fixed wiring.
Which I would suggest you would be hard pressed to actually prove that flex between an FCU and a piece of equipment actually is! Despite how much you wish it
Maybe, given that, for it's sins, BS7671 does not appear to define 'fixed wiring' (at least, not in the 'Definitions' section). However, it does define 'fixed equipment' (and things like fans would qualify) and I think most people regard (probably reasonably) any cable (flexible or not) hard-wired to a piece of fixed equipment as being 'fixed wiring'.

FWIW, Approved Document P (which is neither law nor 'regulation', even though issued by the Office of the Deputy PM) indicates that 'fixed electrical equipment' connected via a 'standard 13A plug and socket' comes within the scope of Part P.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I have one example as to why I think using G/Y wire for other purposes than a CPC is a bad idea in the link below.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1044147#1044147

This I believe can lead to confusion as the electrician who wire the boiler was confused as he mixed up the CPC's also on the diagram on the NC receiver module means no connection so the boiler was earthed via the pipe work.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back