NICEIC EIC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On Niceic EIC it says designation of consumer unit, what is written in there? Its the 1st time i'm filling one in thats all

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
From what I can gather it is after an identifying mark for the distribution board which is unique to that board.

But it dosn't have one, this is the only CU, most domestic only have 1 cu, so do you just enter 1 or summit like that?

You could always put an identifying mark on it such as "Main CU" and then write "Main CU" in the box. You could write "Garage CU" on the garage one, "Shower CU" on the shower one etc etc..

Is that what you do? Do you fill these in for NICEIC? Do you think the forms are a little over the top?

I'm not NICEIC, I use the IEE forms for what I need them for. The NICEIC forms provide more information than that which the BS7671 require, however some of the information required is imo better than that of the BS7671 forms. Some of it is OTT but some of the additional info is valuable.

At top of tests page it asks for details of distrubution circuit (Meter tails) but what boxes can be filled in for them apart from description, wiring method, conductor size and IR? Do yopu just leave rest blank?

Not sure on that type of form, does it have a box around it saying something like "only to be completed if the board is not connected directly to the origin of installation"?

Have you got a link to a copy of this certificate?

Is this the schedule of test results?

Spark123 said:
Not sure on that type of form, does it have a box around it saying something like "only to be completed if the board is not connected directly to the origin of supply"?

That particular box is for a submain where a separate Ze (Zdb) and PFC is to be measured.

Spark123 said:
Not sure on that type of form, does it have a box around it saying something like "only to be completed if the board is not connected directly to the origin of installation"?

Dosn't say out like that, just "record details of distribution circuit at origin (meter tails) on 1st line. Then has thick lines around the 1st line.

No link to it i'm affraid just whats in front of me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back