Green NICEIC EIC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a job tonight. High Zs on sockets on a PME supply. 4.06.

Asked for the EIC for the board change (18m ago) and the paperwork for extension work - 12 years ago.

The extension paperwork ws non-existant.

The EIC for the board change had a signature on the front, and a few other boxes filled in, but no test results recorded at all. Even the name and address of the firm was missing....

If the customer had been given complete paperwork, they (and the spark) would have know something was amiss...

It beggars belief to me that someone can sign a form to say they have designed, installed & I&T'd an install when they clearly have not.

Sponsored Links
unfortunately,nothing surprises me anymore.it seems like most jobs i go to has major defects,only for my client to say"it was only rewired 18 months ago"

thats the trouble with part p.it only polices those that try and comply.

ss when you say green forms do you mean those ones that say'for contractors not enrolled with the nic'on the bottom

Basically it is fraud. Just to point out a green NICEIC electrical installation certificate is for installers who are either not members of the NICEIC or are members of the NICEIC but are carrying out work outside the scope of their membership.

I went to a job yesterday which had been issued with a green NICEIC EIC cert. It the limitations of test box was written 'no testing of lighting circuits due to no continuity on CPC'

There was barely a test result on the form, and the RCD trip times were listed as 11.5mS

I've never seen an RCD tester which can test to within half a millisecond!

The EIC was more like a PIR with the amount and severity of faults he had listed on it :evil:

Sponsored Links
It beggars belief to me that someone can sign a form to say they have designed, installed & I&T'd an install when they clearly have not.
Some people do not regard lying and cheating as part of their business operations as wrong.

thats the trouble with part p.it only polices those that try and comply.
Part P merely requires that 'reasonable provision' is made for electrical safety, which is hard to contest. Making Part P the scapegoat is aiming at the wrong target.

I have. I own two, by two different manufacturers. They each have a resolution down to 0.1 ms.

not making part p the scapegoat at all,i aint stupid mate.i know they didnt install the work

I've a Megger MFT1502 and it can give trip times to a single decimal of a millisecond!!

Other than that I've also seen Red NIC certs with no values entered!! and that was a council job!!

Whilst people here are slagging off some NIC registered folk, lets be fair and say that a good proportion of them do a good job!! It's just that theirs stands out because they actually issue certificates!! (WHAT ABOUT THOSE COWBOYS THAT DON'T EVEN DO THAT!!)

Well every day is a school day :LOL:

I'm not slagging off NICEIC approved contractors. I have worked for ACs for 9 years, and know that most of them do a good job. ;)

The fluke1653, as crap as it is, also gives results to one decimal place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back