Nicola Sturgeon to quit!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Bit off more than she could chew when it came to male geitalia on trans woman rapists. But being quite dispassionate, an incredibly able politician. She realised independance wouldn't come in her leadership or indeed lifetime, a parting gift for starmer, a poisoned chalice for the tories. So even the timing of her departure has political intentions.

Blup

Why do think, some scandal involving her or family has come light and she is getting out before the proverbial hits the fan.
I think her hubby has been doing some dodgy things lately.

She has been riding high for a long time and that period is coming to an end, it wont be as good again. Same with Jacinda in NZ. The tory government could learn from that, but they would rather cling on to power.

Blup

She has been riding high for a long time and that period is coming to an end, it wont be as good again. Same with Jacinda in NZ. The tory government could learn from that, but they would rather cling on to power.

Blup
I would like to see a change in government up here, I think in democratic systems (pleeease no lectures from anyone re are we actually a democracy) once the ruling party has been in power in excess of 10 years, unless they're doing brilliantly, it does them no harm to have a spell in opposition. Unfortunately, I don't see the SNPs dominance up here ending any time soon.

So will that be the end of yet another attempt at independence?
I doubt it. She mentioned the party intention is still to use the next GE as a de-facto independence referendum. If they lose a fair whack of the vote (realistically that'll only be to Scottish Labour) then it'll possibly shut them up on it for a while. However if they remain the majority party, I don't doubt they'll keep bleating on about it. Tbh even if they end up in opposition, it'll still be their mantra.

Tbh even if they end up in opposition, it'll still be their mantra.
In the same way as the anti-EU crackpots bleated on for over 40 years and then got their own way?

Politics is a funny thing :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back