Nicola Sturgeon arrested

Sponsored Links
Arrested and released without charge like the rest, McPlod going in hard to show they've done their bit. Will go nowhere IMO.

Blup

Blimey what a caper

6 hours in custody

Over 600 grand going on walk about

Tis a coincidence that she resigned prior to this caper kicking off :ROFLMAO: ;););)

Sponsored Links
Regardless of the individual cases, it would be nice to think that politicians can't get away with lawbreaking.

Why do you need dozens of police with forensics and tents to investigate the private funding of a political party, they're not a public body. Showboating which will come to nothing.

Blup

Must admit it all seems a bit OTT to me ???

Could have just sent some one around to her house for a chat ??

@blup, if I asked you to sponsor me for a charity event and then spent the money getting drunk down the pub, would you not think I defrauded you?

Same as asking for donations to support independence and then spending the money on a motorhome for your hubby's mum.

Police must have reasonable suspicion a crime has been committed to make an arrest. You are not routinely arrested and can be interviewed under caution without arrest. Nicola is a lawyer, she will know the drill.

It would be interesting to know if she "no comment"ed or genuinely cooperated with the investigation.

too risky - if the tape was ever released. But a lawyer can no comment without it sounding like no comment.

Ever watch the file Law Abiding Citizen - when he confessed but didn't confess?

@blup, if I asked you to sponsor me for a charity event and then spent the money getting drunk down the pub, would you not think I defrauded you?

Same as asking for donations to support independence and then spending the money on a motorhome for your hubby's mum.

Police must have reasonable suspicion a crime has been committed to make an arrest. You are not routinely arrested and can be interviewed under caution without arrest. Nicola is a lawyer, she will know the drill.
Charities are big business now, 70/80 per cent of donations go to admin and over paid executives. But political parties cannot be charities for the obvious reason they exist to help themselves. People made a gift to a political party committed to Scottish independence, to be spent as the party thought fit, not ring fenced. Trying to ring fence a political donation is like trying to herd cats.

Blup

So what? If you donate to a political party fund raising for a campaign, that money can be used for other purposes if the campaign does not use it all. Donors didn't sign a legal contract, they made an out and out political donation. That is hardly the basis for a major criminal investigation normally seen for murders or high profile crimes. It is an internal matter for the SNP and any donors.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back