No 10 sitting on Report concerning Russian Interference

Populism is popular, why wouldn't it be, what's not to like?
Hitler amongst many others was 'popular'...

And you say what's not to like about populism and voting against your own interests?

Populism hijacks the plight of (mainly) poor people and usually adds in a bit of 'it's all johnny/jane foreigners fault'...

A well used tactic all the way through history, simply because the gullible are easily led by the few who stand to make a killing...

Usually financially nowadays, but sometimes literally!

Sponsored Links
It is anti democratic.

Not for the people who's vote has been heard and acted on, for them, it's democracy at it's working finest. What you need to try and understand is that just because a vote doesn't happen to go your way doesn't make it undemocratic.

Hitler amongst many others was 'popular'...

I didn't know he was standing in the upcoming elections, is he a Lib Dem?

Change your drill from a brushless to a crappy one at 1/4 the price.

How do we know which will perform better? What utter demented thinking, that any future projections are pointless. Go out when its raining without a jacket, you might not get wet, we dont know.

Democracy requires an informed public if not give the vote to monkeys and pick randomly.

Why do you go to see a Dr for medical advice? Go see a car mechanic instead, you dont need an informed opinion.

Sponsored Links

How do we know which will perform better? What utter demented thinking, that any future projections are pointless. Go out when its raining without a jacket, you might not get wet, we dont know.
They are documented proof. If I was to tell you to go out tomorrow with no coat as it won't rain, you'd get wet if it rains as I can't prove it won't rain, just have a guess. Or would you listen to someone who tells you to buy a new Chinese unbranded brushless drill that will be out next month and dump your old Hilti drill because they have a vested interest in the company making it ?

Yes, that is demented thinking, however, you're the only one who has stated that. What Ihavenojob said is that predictions are just that, and as often as not, wrong.

'Experts' are saying that our economy is going to grow in the future, hard brexit, soft brexit, leave or remain, our economy is going to grow, and I suspect that there are sufficient indicators to back that up as a fairly sound prediction. When however, they state, as they have, that the economy over a long period will grow by 3% less in the event of a hard brexit as opposed to a soft brexit, the science or evidence behind this type of 'prediction' is always notably absent, and certainly based on all the evidence of the last 3 years, wrong.

Why do you go to see a Dr for medical advice? Go see a car mechanic instead, you dont need an informed opinion.

Based on the last 3 visits to my GP, I can, hand on heart, state that I probably would have been better off seeing a car mechanic.

Not for the people who's vote has been heard and acted on, for them, it's democracy at it's working finest. What you need to try and understand is that just because a vote doesn't happen to go your way doesn't make it undemocratic

I said populism is not democratic.

Do try and concentrate, it will help you.

Russians interfering in other countries :eek:

Blimey that's shocking , I am astounded :eek:

Blimey does any one think that they had some thing to do with this Brexit caper vote :idea:

I said populism is not democratic.

I know, and I said it is.

tabletennis512.jpg

So predictions are wrong but those that say the economy will grow are not despite Brexit. So when offered the prospect of £100 or £150 in a years time you will pick £100. Makes perfect sense.

So any prediction is wrong. So in that case Brexit is wrong as you must have predicted something. Can you list the benefits, 3.5yrs in and we are still waiting for the economic benefits.

As to the costs so far - look at the EU Agencies that have already left, the effect its had on FDI - these are all knowns in preparation for the exit. Just as you slow down in anticipation of a crash you hope to avoid you decelerate.

But I suppose by the law of averages, if you make enough predictions, one may turn out right, but that is just luck.
No need for predictions with Brexit, facts are sufficient

if UK leaves EU it becomes a medium sized nation with limited power to negotiate with the big players - fact

if UK leaves the EU without a deal it will become a 3rd country and lose frictionless trade. The non tariff barriers will be high -fact

If the UK leaves the EU with current deal there will be a customs border within the UK -fact

if the UK leaves the EU with current deal it will need to maintain a level playing field to get a FTA which rules out lowering of standards, which rules out a US deal -fact

if the UK leave the EU with or without a deal, that means the UK gets back control...it also means the EU get back control.....EU is the bigger player -fact

any facts about post Brexit benefits? -none

people voted on sunny uplands -mere prediction based on emotion.

Sponsored Links
Back