No Brexit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Donald Tusk said today:

'We will see what happens, if the deal fails we are prepared for no deal. We are also prepared for no Brexit.'

Does that mean the EU have prepared for the UK to remain?

Sponsored Links
Does that mean the EU have prepared for the UK to remain?

Well TM certainly hasn't been arranging a leave deal has she. A remainer through and through it strikes me that she set it up to be a crap deal, taking it back to the polls thinking it would be a 'no brexit' vote because of how crap it is.

Sponsored Links
He looked just as weary as all the other poor EU front-liners. They are as sick of it as we are.

Did you not bother to watch it then?

Screenshot_20181116-055138.png

The EU do not want the UK to leave. The exit deal focused on keeping as much of the benefits of the EU membership (for the EU) as possible. Access to UK markets, funding of the EU - tick. I don't think anyone can say TMs strategy was a crap exit deal, in order to remain after all. If that was her strategy she'd support a second referendum on the exit.

TM - has done the best she can. She'll get no thanks either way. The plummeting of UK assets, is not Brexit, its the prospect of a labour government that scares the markets way more.

If there was a second referendum, while I am open to the idea of remaining in a reformed EU, I wouldn't vote for it on the basis that - I have to vote remain, because they will try to screw us over if we try to leave.

Well TM certainly hasn't been arranging a leave deal has she. A remainer through and through it strikes me that she set it up to be a crap deal, taking it back to the polls thinking it would be a 'no brexit' vote because of how crap it is.

When do you want to snap back to reality?

No deal is economic suicide.

This sovereignty argument is pure BS, we are party to about 14,000 agreements, we have always had sovereignty.

The EU do not want the UK to leave. The exit deal focused on keeping as much of the benefits of the EU membership (for the EU) as possible. Access to UK markets, funding of the EU - tick. I don't think anyone can say TMs strategy was a crap exit deal, in order to remain after all. If that was her strategy she'd support a second referendum on the exit.

TM - has done the best she can. She'll get no thanks either way. The plummeting of UK assets, is not Brexit, its the prospect of a labour government that scares the markets way more.

If there was a second referendum, while I am open to the idea of remaining in a reformed EU, I wouldn't vote for it on the basis that - I have to vote remain, because they will try to screw us over if we try to leave.

There is less chance of a GE than Boris in power. There is very little chance of labour getting into power but if that stokes your fear, then go with it.

Markets don't fear a labour government they fear a no deal Brexit but its nice blaming it something that's not the EU for once. (y)

The EU are not screwing us over. Why didn't we just go with a hard Brexit? A no deal and done this year ago?

Why are we even negotiating a deal?

Hard Brexit strategy would have been better option - As was David Cameron pushing for a better deal, or John Major vetoing the ending of the Economic EU and starting of the super state, or the expansion of the EU to include more net benefiters than contributors, or TM calling general election..

But nobody has a time machine.

Its this deal or no deal
There is talk of a pausing of Article 50, but I don't really see the difference to this deal and that, other than we cannot start our own trade negotiations and continue to pay full price for "Associate" membership

Markets don't fear a labour government they fear a no deal Brexit but its nice blaming it something that's not the EU for once. (y)

That is pretty much what every analyst was saying this morning on R4. Its why House builders and banks were hit hardest. I'm completely open to the idea that its more than one factor however.

Hard Brexit strategy would have been better option - As was David Cameron pushing for a better deal, or John Major vetoing the ending of the Economic EU and starting of the super state, or the expansion of the EU to include more net benefiters than contributors, or TM calling general election..

But nobody has a time machine.

Its this deal or no deal
There is talk of a pausing of Article 50, but I don't really see the difference to this deal and that, other than we cannot start our own trade negotiations and continue to pay full price for "Associate" membership

How will we start our own trade negotiation if we sign this deal, it's pretty much being part of the CU.

When will Brexiteers get it?

That is pretty much what every analyst was saying this morning on R4. Its why House builders and banks were hit hardest. I'm completely open to the idea that its more than one factor however.

Which analysts? The data I looked at doesn't have that analysis.

It would require a 2/3 majority to vote for a GE or the torys will ask for one both won't happen. I can't see a GE happening. It would be madness for the torys.

Sponsored Links
Back