No central heating

Sponsored Links
Oh, and I bought a washing machine right-angled valve for £2.49 which came with a red and blue handle and I put the red one on the boiler. Turns the CH outlet valve fine. Not a perfect fit, but not going to come off.

jammy git , not bad for the price i bet your sh-t smells of roses as well :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Its odd, valves under boilers seem to be made of a very soft plastic which often deforms and turns on the shaft.

But washing machine valve knobs seem to be a harder plastic and don't seem to deform so often. Sometimes they can fit on the boiler valve shafts.

Or just leave the bare shaft and keep a small adjustable spanner handy.

Tony

Although you don't seem to want to admit it, it seems that you have really found my posts very helpful indeed !

We have a "Thanks" button for that situation! You could make mine 4010 !

Tony

Oh, and I bought a washing machine right-angled valve for £2.49 which came with a red and blue handle and I put the red one on the boiler. Turns the CH outlet valve fine. Not a perfect fit, but not going to come off.

got to admit he was right dpm i forgot he mentioned that , never tried it myself but might consider it if last resort .

If they are a reasonable fit then they are better than the original as well as having blue and red for the return and flow instead of just a plain black or grey.

Although you don't seem to want to admit it, it seems that you have really found my posts very helpful indeed !

We have a "Thanks" button for that situation! You could make mine 4010 !

When I wrote that addendum I knew you'd be there, waiting in the wings, ready for your encore... so I will give you that Thanks because a) you deserve it and b) you made me laugh. BTW - no, they're not a perfect fit, not by any means, but I do like the fact they seem more rigid - they certainly turn the valve without me needing to use a spanner and that's really all that counts. I only put the 1 on, even though I got 2 with the valve I bought.

Even better you still have a brand new valve ready to use for something with either a blue or red knob! So the cost was to all intents zero!

I only said that "sometimes they can fit". Not that they would be a perfect fit!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back