No central heating

Good shout, that! This is something I was thinking of last night as I was heading to the Land of Nod. There are 7 radiators in total and, actually, it was 3 that came off the wall.

I was going to pop down to Screwfix and get some No Nonsense Inhibitor. What to then do with it... well, I haven't got a Scooby!

Sponsored Links
especially when using drain cock in basement pretty sure all has gone i expect

Sponsored Links
Kinda... better than how do I put a system into the inhibitor? Even I know that would not work, and I'm pretty bright (as demonstrated).

You can get inhibitor concentrate that comes in a dosing container or get a funnel with a spout that will fit a small length of hosepipe.

De-pressurise the system and empty a litre from a rad, take the top end cap off a rad and using some tape on the end of the hose pipe or the dosing container make it large enough to seal into the end of the rad - you will lose a lot of inhibitor if you don't seal it up and fill with the whole container. if you have a towel rad then even easier, same to de-pressuirise and just open the top plug and pour in.

Oh wait, you have a filter don't you? Isolate and drain that and dose it there.

The hole that I will find there. In the obvious place. I know they'd not make this hard. It's a good boiler. I was sold it.

Why do you want to use the cheapest inhibitor that you can find?

The professionals here all use the market leaders Fernox and Sentinel.

Isn't that "Fernox & Sentinel", the well-known business partners who came up with a new way of charging more for what will be the same stuff way back in 1972?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back