No gas and a combi = no showers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ELM Le -blanc were the 1st to bring a domestic condensing combi to the market in the U.K ;)

AS for combi's / boilers . Very few installers (if any) are consulted by manus before they dump there product into the market place ;)

but in most cases the installer will get the blame when it go's t*ts up

good argument (may be ?) for allowing the customer to spec there own appliance (?) and buy it them selves (?) then they can deal with the manu when it go's t*ts up some manus are (or were ) a complete shower to deal with

"We do not deal with intermittent faults on the boiler during the warranty "

"Tell the customer to call us when the intermittent fault becomes permanent " said one manu :)

known faults and issues are kept quiet ;) denial of said faults & issues ect ect

One particular manu has had several boilers catch alight ;) but no worries as the outer casing can contain the fire :) so no issues there than

they then redesigned part of the boiler (quietly ?)

Combi’s are right for the right situation.
I had a call from a land lord last week. The install of a cylinder and a boiler in a lift must be the worst I’ve ever seen. Biggish house. Another engineer suggested a Combi was the answer to his problem.

Land lord wants a quick fix. I’m not even going to waste my time pricing. The gas supply is to small for a 30kw and I would have to cover my arse so much he’ll just go with the monkey fix all Combi.

Bernard should have had a combi fitted :sneaky: he would have saved money :sneaky: obviously did not listen to the installer :sneaky:

cylinder and a boiler in a lift

I imagine pipe connections would be a bit tricky in a lift, no wonder you didnt want to quote :ROFLMAO:

I would try the combustion chamber, you might get some advice in there. Be careful though, there are rumours it is frequented by the most awful far right racist bigots :D

I imagine pipe connections would be a bit tricky in a lift, no wonder you didnt want to quote :ROFLMAO:

I would try the combustion chamber, you might get some advice in there. Be careful though, there are rumours it is frequented by the most awful far right racist bigots :D

nah way r bee / him again is not a member :mrgreen:

Bernard should have had a combi fitted :sneaky: he would have saved money :sneaky: obviously did not listen to the installer :sneaky:

Why , A combi would be totally wrong for this cottage ( and my life style ).

I have a mains pressure shower without the complications of an unvented hot water cylinder. I actually have two hot water cylinders. One for the bath room room and the other for the kitchen and utility room. Did all the plumbing other than the gas and boiler myself, total bill ( excluding radiators ) was less than £1200.

Last edited:
nah way r bee / him again is not a member :mrgreen:
Perhaps you could tell the rest of the forum what it is like to enjoy the privilege of insulting and abusing other members, knowing full well that your position and comments are protected from being deleted.

Judging by mithch's and a**e end's comments you are correct.
They both tell us that there are no snow flakes to be offended in the CC forum.
How do they know that?
Obviously there have been worse abusive, and offensive comments made in the CC forum, but no-one objected.
Now those offensive, abusive comments were recognised as abusive and offensive by mitch and a**e end. So how bad were they?
They think the average abusive and offensive comments in GD forum are mild!

Put the Boiler on flexible hoses. Is a wonderful idea. If you fancy a bath you can take the Boiler up with you.

Of course I asked the question on CC

They asked how you are and if your going to make a guest appearance soon.

They also asked about the Fanny’s

Why , A combi would be totally wrong for this cottage ( and my life style ).

I have a mains pressure shower without the complications of an unvented hot water cylinder. I actually have two hot water cylinders. One for the bath room room and the other for the kitchen and utility room. Did all the plumbing other than the gas and boiler myself, total bill ( excluding radiators ) was less than £1200.

only joking with u Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back