I'm a black woman sign

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-23248503

This lady put this sign up to stop people allegedly walking into her cafe, seeing her, then walking back out.
Good on her, though I'm a bit surprised that people would walk into a caff serving African and Caribbean food then walk out on seeing a black face serving it.
One good thing though is she's got some nice publicity for her caff, good on her like I said. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Disgusting if the story is true, although one comment suggests the food is not good. However, Tracey seems to do a roaring trade for the caff.

Makes me laugh, all this nonsense.

A black person only has to slip over a kerb in the street these days and instantly they blame someone for racism.
So then, in-turn the left wing do-gooders start creating a fuss and we end up with this kind of shambles.

Madness.

Sponsored Links
If I walk into a sandwich shop and don't like the look of the food then I'll walk out again. Fook all to do with the colour of the shop assistant. She should sell that chip on her shoulder.

Like I said in a previous thread, you're showing yourselves up.

Sticking together like a pack of giggling idiots does not make you right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Phil was right.

racism has little to do with this situation its more to do with things being "unfamiliar"
not what they are used to can make people uneasy
they can handle change one bit at a time as in different culture different food and someone who is off different apearence on top off that you have the skin tone all can give overload to some people

yes off course some will be shocked and wont know how to react but that doesnt make them racist

i remember 20 odd years ago when i was a train driver i met a driver in the lobby from another depot who was having kemo so his hair was in a right state
i was so shocked and this would show on my face because it was such a shock
i simply had never come across such a site i simply walked away
its one off the things in my life i am most ashamed off
i did nothing wrong as such but my reaction must have made him feel at best bad
in the same note we need to understand people need time to adapt and get used to new situations

Big All... so true.. so so true...

But's it's worth just making a point in defence of the lady.... it's about perception..... if you (as a white bloke) were to stand in a school gym, with 1000 chinese/muslims/Russians/Somalians/Daleks... and they were all laughing and pointing at you... how would you feel? would you assume they were looking at you as something odd or inferior? or maybe they were looking at your tattoo on your arm and commenting how good they were?

Plus, I imagine a black woman has experienced far more abuse of the racial variety in her life, than you in yours?

yes i fully agree
i went on an anti nazi march from brixton to brockwell park near by in the 70s
we where off course against the national front and for the the local community then the term black was racist and we had to refer to them as "coloured"
of course now the correct term is black [afro caribbean /african]
some off the locals[black skins] where against our efforts for harmony
now off course they may just see the efforts off several thousand people being interference rather than helpful

any way the point i am making is help can be seen as unessisery interference
and unfamiliar situations can unnerve people

it also means people must be able to speak there thoughts that may on the face off it seem a bit improper or a bit non pc or a bit racist but providing the intent is honest and not negative against any group should be allowed to express them selves in an honest if nieve way

May it simply be she serves food people may not be familiar with.
Maybe the cafe appears unclean or there is an aroma from the spicy food. Maybe it's considered expensive. Maybe people look at the menu on the blackboard and don't see anything they want.
Maybe she doesn't smile and frowns in a confrontational way because she has this perception. Maybe its crowded together with too many tables . . who knows
She doesn't know why people walk out because she hasn't asked them.

Who would actually go into that cafe now with that sign outside = not me because it literally accuses passers by of being racist.

What if you went in but then complained about the food. Does she then call the police and report a race hate crime?

That notice is business suicide

Sponsored Links
Back