No Hot Water (Heatrea Sadia Megaflow)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We are having problems with our Megaflow. The heating is working fine however there is no hot water and hasn't been for around a week.

Firstly here is some images of our setup so you can see what we are dealing with;

be8eq472z

pcs903q3f

boz7v6d3v

nrmo6oo2j

In terms of information we get back the boiler shows as below when working (currently only heating shows this);

mff2z13a3

And when we try the hot water this;

otfe90b8b

So far we have tried;

• Simply turning it all off an waiting for a day.
  • Regenerated the air gap.
  • Fixed the pressure on the tank.

Still however we have had no luck. Please save us internet.

Attachments

• 13313751_10153502315296689_1042820185_o.jpg
    13313751_10153502315296689_1042820185_o.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 212
Sponsored Links
Hi Dan thanks for the reply.

I had to use an image hosting site to share the images. If you right click and open the image in a new tab it should work, let me know if it doesn't.

Wow, do you think you could have possibly made those images a bit smaller? I could have viewed them through my microscope then...they don't quite fit the slide at the moment :rolleyes:

OK, Image 2 - turn the dial up and down. Do you hear a click? If you do, turn it up to 60 then go to Image 4 - two silver boxes on the pipework with wires coming out of them. Turn the heating on, wait ten seconds then see if the lever on one end can be moved by hand with no resistance. Now turn the hot water on, wait ten seconds and see whether the lever on the other one can be moved by hand with no resistance. Report back - this should give us some idea of where to start

Sponsored Links
You should re post your question saying that you have an Amptec electric system boiler and find way a that your pics arent so hard to view, they are only viewable as thumbnails I think you have an external control fault but without some more information cant be sure , your heating is working OK so it isnt your Amptec boiler.

Last edited:
You should re post your question saying that you have an Amptec electric system boiler and find way that your pics arent so hard to view, they are only viewable as thumbnails I think you have an external control fault either a room thermostat or a 2 port valve for your heating is faulty , do you know if you have 2 x 2 port valves (S plan) or 1 x 3 port valve (Y plan system) because the heating is working OK its not your Amptec boiler that is faulty it is a control broblem somewhere
It's an S-Plan, see Tiny Image 4. Might need your glasses

You should re post your question saying that you have an Amptec electric system boiler and find way that your pics arent so hard to view, they are only viewable as thumbnails I think you have an external control fault either a room thermostat or a 2 port valve for your heating is faulty , do you know if you have 2 x 2 port valves (S plan) or 1 x 3 port valve (Y plan system) because the heating is working OK its not your Amptec boiler that is faulty it is a control broblem somewhere
It's an S-Plan, see Tiny Image 4. Might need your glasses
changed my reply I couldnt view that one mate

Haha sorry I didn't realise those images were outrageously small. Thanks for your patience and again speedy response. This link has the above images in a much larger size - http://imgur.com/a/96Wuy

If you require any more images let me know.

Muggles - we followed the steps outlined could not move the lever on the box on the right hand side. It is this box that leads the water to the boiler which appears to be the problem.

Iainmcd - We have re-uploaded the images but unsure how to check what valve plan we have. The water splits into 3 pipes (heating, hot water to boiler and what we think is a recycle pipe) so we guess its a Y Plan system.

Guessing Synchron motor in Hot water valve but will leave that one up to you Muggles you started it ha ha good luck

Last edited:
Haha sorry I didn't realise those images were outrageously small. Thanks for your patience and again speedy response. This link has the above images in a much larger size - http://imgur.com/a/96Wuy

If you require any more images let me know.

Muggles - we followed the steps outlined could not move the lever on the box on the right hand side. It is this box that leads the water to the boiler which appears to be the problem.

Iainmcd - We have re-uploaded the images but unsure how to check what valve plan we have. The water splits into 3 pipes (heating, hot water to boiler and what we think is a recycle pipe) so we guess its a Y Plan system.
You have an S plan and Muggles will sort you out

The two silver valves, the way they work is that when your programmer or stats require heat then they have small motors in them that open the valve, the valve then sends power to the boiler and pump to request them to come on, it sounds like the synchron motor in your hot water valve has failed , quite common, but could be other things but that is the most common if you are competent in testing electrical components its easy to test, if not shouldnt be too expensive to get a pro in

Last edited:
The two silver valves, the way they work is that when your programmer or stats require heat then they have small motors in them that open the valve, the valve then sends power to the boiler and pump to request them to come on, it sounds like the synchron motor in your heating valve has failed , quite common, but could be other things but that is the most common if you are competent in testing electrical components its easy to test, if not shouldnt be too expensive to get a pro in
This, pretty much. An electrical test with a multimeter will confirm, but it's quite likely to be a valve head issue. Either replace the motor or the whole valve head, 30 minute job including drinking the tea!

From what I can see the problem is with the Honeywell Synchron valve that is for the hot water going to the boiler (the other is for the heating). Unfortunately I don't have a multi-meter to test it. I opened the cover and there was what appeared to be a reset button, after pressing that I can now move the lever between auto and manual which was stuck before. Trying the system again water flows, the valve motor gets hot but it doesn't appear to be heating the water.

In your second picture (of the thermostat) there is a red button. This is to reset the over heat thermostat, is that what you pressed?
If not then do so that might fix your problem.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back