No More Ply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please can someone suggest which screws I should be using with NMP 6mm, the smallest screws I can find that are supposed to be used with it are 25mm.

The problem is the NMP is 6mm and then I have 18mm Ply underneath, so the screw is slightly longer than the depth of the wood and NMP? Is this a problem?

An advice welcome

Many thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
3.5 0r4mm 16/18/20mm or indeed number 6 or 8 imperial 5/8th" or 3/4"

Sponsored Links
What's under the ply? The trouble you will have is getting them to countersink without punching right through the NMP or cracking the edge.

I'm currently putting 6mm ply down on top of UFH overlay boards and using standard 4mm screws but I'm having to drill, then countersink and then screw down.

What's under the ply? The trouble you will have is getting them to countersink without punching right through the NMP or cracking the edge.

I'm currently putting 6mm ply down on top of UFH overlay boards and using standard 4mm screws but I'm having to drill, then countersink and then screw down.
Hi

Underneath is the joists.

As it’s only 1mm long do you think it will e ok?

Thanks

If you're countersinking then it'll be 2>4 mm but if there nothing under the floor then I wouldn't worry. If there are pipes/cables then best to know where they are so they can be avoided, just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back