No PIR's working

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I am in a school with an old Galaxy 500 (V4.5). Looks to be working grand with door contacts but it seems that none of the dual tecs PIR are detecting movement - and we have dozens of them. I can set the alarm and then walk around the school and the alarm does not trigger until I open an external door. What could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
All the zones are still appearing on the keypad and we have been setting it the same way this 20 years

Sponsored Links
normally when a PIR doesnt work but contacts do, its power related, although you would expect the zones to remain open and the alarm not set if the pirs werent powered

The PIR's are powered ok. Someone told me it may be the plastic screen lid that has deteriorated and affects the detection capability - does this make sense?

possibly hard to say, this is why annual maintenance is a good thing as the system is tested and any issues brought up and the devices replaced.

depending on how its wired, you could test the system manually, to see if panel sees the change of state.

Pics
dtec1.jpg
dtec2.jpg

Don't think so - but was probably in engineer mode at the time

....does the red light come on when the front cover is back on and you walk around in the room ?

The engineer broke the cover when trying to replace it and took it away to try and get a replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back