No Plumbers anywhere!

I'm a Plumber and...

• I'm so busy i dont have time to use the lav...

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I'm quiet, there is just enougth...

• Its normal out there, not busy, not quiet...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is Hampshire / Berkshire a black spot or are there no plumbers anywhere in the UK? :confused:

I have now called 8 local plumbers and all have either said , no, not called back, or just not turned up for a quote.
Saying no is fine, as i guess is not calling back, but it makes me angry when they agree to come, but just don’t show up. That’s just rude. :(

Credit crunch? Not here!!!

Below is a brief outline of the Job. (what do plumbers charge per day for this kind of work?)

12 new Radiators already on walls, need pipe running to them and the 22m bearer installed. Floorboards are cut and site is ready for install. All parts are here, pump, fittings, pipe, TRV’s, the holes are in the wall for pipe, its similar to a new build. All the messing about and design has been done, just needs piping up.

Brand new boiler in box ready to install (Grant 15-26), tank in garden ready for connecting. I will need an OFTEC signoff for the oil, but if you just want to do the system other than the oil that’s fine.

Its frustrating as i have a wad of cash, but no one who wants the work. Maybe i need to hope for recession? :(

Sponsored Links
most will want to supply AND fit so you've already knocked some margin off their bottom line. A "day rate" for the work under such circumstances would be around £400 and don't expect blood, sweat and tears for that. As you've purchased the materials yourself you have devolved the fitter of any responsibilty should any problems arise. Good luck. . . .

most will want to supply AND fit so you've already knocked some margin off their bottom line. A "day rate" for the work under such circumstances would be around £400 and don't expect blood, sweat and tears for that. As you've purchased the materials yourself you have devolved the fitter of any responsibilty should any problems arise. Good luck. . . .

I only did this because when I first went out for quote, all said “no this is a too big job”, “I don’t want to cut floor boards “ or “getting the oil bits is too much hassle”

By getting all the bits, getting everything ready have had better response then before!!! i guess it was just a too big job before....

There is no real answer to this, except to wait for things in the economy to recess a bit more or do it myself!!! :)

Sponsored Links
I know a firm who are based in Crowthorne, Surrey who might be able to help you if you are still looking.

Hi guys i have now at least had a few bits of interest, But PM me any contacts. Remember they need to be OFTEC for some parts...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back