Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Combi boiler,every day I have to put the pressure up to 1.5
If I turn the kitchen radiator off both ends my heating works fine
What do you suggest
Many thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
And possibly the boiler's expansion bladder is u/s as a radiator leak sufficient to deplete a working bladder volume would probably show as a damp patch
How quickly does the pressure recover when you repressurise the system

I have a Combi boiler,every day I have to put the pressure up to 1.5
If I turn the kitchen radiator off both ends my heating works fine
What do you suggest
Many thanks for your help

Not very clear question! Pressure loss... Then Heating fine :confused:
Does the pressure hold when you isolate the kitchen radiator? If yes, then as Andy above... You have a leak on the kitchen rad.

Sponsored Links
The kitchen floor is ceramic tiles
I can’t see and water on the floor
Ideal plumber have been out to the boiler 3 times
They have replaced some parts but not the expansion tank
It only takes seconds to re pressure the boiler but within 12 hours no heating or hot water

I have replaced the radiator
Still have the same problem
During the summer not a problem
Only since the heating is being used that we had the problem
Question in the summer would the expansion tank be used
As you would understand in the summer the heating wasn’t used
Thanks for your help

The expansion tank and the pressure therein form part of the heating circuit and the boiler's "permit-to-fire" irrespective of whether the heating is set ON or OFF.

But some of your statements don't quite make sense.

You say that in the summer the system works fine - are the kitchen radiator valve open or closed at that time

Irrespective of whether you have heating demanded or not, with the kitchen radiator valves open do you suffer pressure loss.

Confirm that closing the kitchen radiator valves stop the pressure loss irrespective of whether heating is ON or OFF

set boiler pressure to 1.5Bar cold then put the heating on, leave about 20 mins an check the pressure if it is up near 3 Bar then the expansion vessel needs attention not necessarily replacing

The valves on all radiators are open in the summer
The boiler is set to water only
Are you saying that in the summer with radiator valves open and no heating, system doesn't leak but when heating is on it does, unless you close the kitchen radiator valves.

tie a little bow of toilet tissue around the radiator pipes of the kitchen where they enter the floor and see if they get wet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back