No pressure

Are you certain that the PRV pipework outside is not dripping ??
Are you thinking of leaving the boiler inoperative for a total of 24 hours and totally isolated for the whole period Graham ?

Sponsored Links
Yes leaving for a total of 24 hours

I lagged an outside copper pipe and they said know need to do that
I have cable tie a latex glove to that pipe
It was dripping but the ideal fitter replaced a valve to stop it dripping 2 weeks ago

Last edited:
Have you checked it today ,the PRV pipe outside ,is the glove still on ?

Either the expansion vessel is flat or gubbed or system is too big for 8l expansion vessel when heating up.

Sponsored Links
The grey flexi pipe below your boiler ( takes the condensate to a drain) can you see where it goes to Graham ? Where / what is it connecting to ?

I will check that in the morning
If it’s the heat exchanger faulty would it be dripping out the grey flex hose
If not where would the water be going
Thanks again for your help Terry

I will check that in the morning
If it’s the heat exchanger faulty would it be dripping out the grey flex hose
If not where would the water be going
Thanks again for your help Terry
In a nutshell ,yes it would. With the boiler in it's isolated state ,as is now,nowt should be coming out . when the boiler is running the condensate is evacuated via that pipe .

Thanks Terry
I think the flex grey hose goes behind the units
Not sure until tomorrow how I can access the end of the hose but I bet it goes into the waste pipe
It’s a shame I can’t disconnect the hose near the boiler
How much water would it loose from 1.5 bar to zero

It varies ,a cupful ...ish !!!!
Be advised that the condensate pipework is part of the flue ,and as such you shouldn't really mess about with it. But if you can find an open end of it ,that would be good. These days its more common for it to terminate internally . Years ago it would run externally ,until they started to freeze up !!

We didn’t have any problems with the boiler in the summer just using domestic hot water do you think it is looking like the problem is in the central heating system

75C85301-493C-4234-91DF-E6A2444B9FEF.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back