No pressure

Sponsored Links
I have a Combi boiler,every day I have to put the pressure up to 1.5
If I turn the kitchen radiator off both ends my heating works fine
What do you suggest
Many thanks for your help

What does the pressure drop down to ,and over what period of time ?
Does water come out of your pressure relief pipework outside ?

You may have a pin hole leak in the heat ex ,or on the central heating pipework. You could try isolating the flow and return ,after turning boiler off late tonight and letting it cool down. Check pressure tomorrow morning ,if its dropped significantly its a good indication that the boiler is suspect. If it has not dropped ,open both valves and if it drops sharply its a leak externally to the boiler. The boiler should be isolated electrically overnight so it can't fire up.

Sponsored Links
Hi Terry
I think I have read it correctly
Switch electric off and water supply after I have got 1.5Bar

How long after the boiler has switched off at night can I do the above in the morning should it still read 1.5 bar if not it will be the boiler at fault

1. Turn off boiler/ central heating and let cool for 1 hour. Turn electric supply to boiler off .
2. When cooled check pressure/ increase to 1.5 bar if need be.
3. Turn the boilers isolation valves on the flow AND return fully off.( if you are unsure which they are post a pic )
4. The longer you can leave all in this state the better ,24 hours or more ,but minimally overnight.
5.if pressure drops during test period its indicative of boiler problem.

Be aware this is not 100 % conclusive as it relies on the boilers isolation valves sealing closed totally , I.e in full working condition.

F3A113B9-08CD-43C4-97CF-6FF75CB285FB.jpeg
4AE063F9-DFC1-4A99-9D69-394C918970F5.jpeg

F48AD67E-6111-4F29-8850-9CE2A21C3EB1.jpeg

Attachments

• 70F06D34-5B3B-486B-A6A8-495426B43F66.jpeg
    70F06D34-5B3B-486B-A6A8-495426B43F66.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 30
Graham the far left pipe ,near the gauge ,has a black plastic lever that you use to close the valve. The right hand side has the same black lever. So from the left its the first and fifth copper pipes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back