No water from Thermostatic Value

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Come someone please help. We recently moved into a old house with 2 X 80s shower room upstairs and a newish shower room downstairs, with a Thermostatic shower that's always been on the hot side and control valve not even turning a quarter of the way.

This week we started combining the 2 upstairs shower rooms into one with some alterations to the pipework.

The downstairs shower this morning would only produce boiling water. I've checked the dial coming out of the cold water tank is fully open and removed the thermostatic valve to soak in a vinegar solution. Ive replaced it and it turns the same, but replaced it so the little red button on the knob faces up as I figure it's supposed to and doesn't affect the valve.

I now have no water coming out, did have a bit but then flushed the toilet and the tiniest amount trickles out.

Can anyone.help or should I just buy a new bar Thermostatic shower tomorrow?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
but replaced it so the little red button on the knob faces up

you have fitted it upside down, so that the left-hand and right-hand pipe connections are now on the right or the left.

Or maybe it was previously upside down because the incoming pipes are in the wrong positions.

turn it back over.

It's was only the brass valve I took out and as far as I know it only goes back in one way, grub screw down..... Or does it?

Sponsored Links
I'll adjust the button however. There was a little blue plastic semi circle attached to a ring beneath the knob, wondered what that was.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back