No Working combi boiler for 6 months

T

timmyquick

Well my boiler broke over 6 months ago and as it's ancient I been saving, yet looking at the average cost on this forum, I think I still got a long frigin wait.

Was wondering how do most fitters react when you ask them to install boilers you purchase your self? And not let them supply it. Cause B&Q seem to do some insane cheap price on them. And I rang 1 installer who simply will only fit there own supplied boiler. At a huge price difference to what i seen boilers cost.

And i'm starting to get ****ed of boiling the kettle to wash my self.

I don't want stupid suggestions like get credit. If no money I don't have!

I so far saved £700 hoping to have £1400 in another six months. Surley B&Q boilers are good for a few years!. I asked a freind who got a ravenheat fitted and it had no faults in the last 3 years. Though the boilers i seen are no longer ravenheat at B&Q.

My old boiler was a 24kw, so i assume that what i'm going to replace it with.

Time's like these i wished i rented, cause it damed hard buying a house on my wage.

Sponsored Links
have you considered an electric water heater, as an interim measure? There are some small ones that heat 10 litres (2 galls) and would be preferable to the kettle method.

Maybe an electric shower? Not that I usually approve of using Electricity, as it works out more expensive than gas in the long run.

It's at times like this you appreciate the old fashioned hot water cylinder with an immersion to use when the boiler goes wrong.

What would it cost to have your old boiler repaired? Do you know what's wrong with it?

Do you still have a cold water tank in the loft?

Well no tank in loft, age of boiler over 11 years cause i lived here that long. Had lots of repairs over the years, no more!. its a worcestor bosh 240. never seen any of these small water heaters but will have a look.

The 240 is a lovley boiler and the parts are still available

whats wrong with it?

Sponsored Links
this sort of thing

0280_2.JPG
2b90_2.JPG
99_1_b.JPG

well most people that buy there own boiler want a cheap job doing... it cost the same to install a cheap boiler as to install a more expensive boiler.

Well going to have it moved at the same time. No idea what wrong with it this time i press reset it works then cuts out and sounds like it going blow up, hence it been turned of ever since. had lots of parts over the years, expansion vassal, pump and other things i never heard off + every time i get it fixed they always try to sell me a boiler! So thought i would this time round hence no wasting money on fix.

Was actually thinking of having a Greenstar 24i junior, shame there expensive.

it sounds you have been unlucky, i am surprised that after all the chew you have had with a worcestor boiler you would go for another one.

Well going to have it moved at the same time. No idea what wrong with it this time i press reset it works then cuts out and sounds like it going blow up, hence it been turned of ever since. had lots of parts over the years, expansion vassal, pump and other things i never heard off + every time i get it fixed they always try to sell me a boiler! So thought i would this time round hence no wasting money on fix.

Was actually thinking of having a Greenstar 24i junior, shame there expensive.

sounds like the pump again

mebbe worth getting someone else to look at it and you may be surprised at what it would cost to get you warm again.

better to save in the warm I say

maybe a scaled primary heat exchanger if you live in a hard water area?

Could you not rig up a small cylinder with a immersion heater ?

If you put it in the main room it would go some way to keeping you warm too,

Ingenuity my friend ....... Where are ya anyways ?

Cause B&Q seem to do some insane cheap price on them. Though the boilers i seen are no longer ravenheat at B&Q.

I dont want to upset B&Q, even though they regularly upset me, but the Biasi boilers are a little cheaper still at Screwfix! £50 cheaper for the M110-32kW actually!

Tony

if he is only after a 24kw the heat-line vizo "plus" is hitting the B&Q shelfs soon. it is use the SS isothermic heat-exchangers making a-rated, looks to be coming at £499 but i have a feeling they will be knocking it down to 450 or 400

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back