NoBed

We didn't just jump on a plane to migrate out of Africa.
Neiher did the asylum seekers. It's not a feasible route for claiming asylum.

It was a gradual process over thousands of years giving the migrants plenty of time to acclimatise to their new environment.
It was an adaption, not an acclimatisation.
That adaption was to light fires to keep warm. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Says Harry who lives in his mortgage free house and no money worries
Maybe because he has worked hard throughout his life to enable him to be in the position he is in now?
Should he give all this up so he can re-distribute his 'new found financial wealth' to those who still have the potential to do similar?
Some of us had the same ethos as Harry, only for it to be taken from us by the courts and given to undeserving ex-spouses who, falsely' claimed they would be left in poverty.

Sponsored Links
Because he worked hard, studied hard, was careful with his money and by the sound of it was not stupid enough to get married and then divorce.
Oh I see

So every single person on benefits is a feckless scrounger

or perhaps it’s just a percentage, if so perhaps you can say what percentage are feckless scroungers, so we can see it in context.

Maybe because he has worked hard throughout his life to enable him to be in the position he is in now?
Should he give all this up so he can re-distribute his 'new found financial wealth' to those who still have the potential to do similar?
Some of us had the same ethos as Harry, only for it to be taken from us by the courts and given to undeserving ex-spouses who, falsely' claimed they would be left in poverty.
So every person on benefits is a feckless scrounger?

... those who still have the potential to do similar?
That's just it, they are denied the opportunity to work, and do similar to what you have enjoyed - the opportunity to better yourself.

Back
An interview on national BBC News, with people complaining they couldn't afford beds, on the money the state was paying them, sleeping in one room, because they couldn't afford to heat more than one room - Pathetic I call it, and it's not even cold yet. I haven't had the heating fire up yet, since the summer.

When I were a lad, we only had heating available in one room anyway, winters were much, much colder, homes much less well insulated. When it was cold, we got ice form on the inside of the windows, take a drink up to bed, and the drink would be frozen solid by next morning. Beds were generally hand me down's, if they broke you fixed them. If you were cold in bed, you piled more clothes on.. What is wrong with people today, that they just expect evryone else to sort out their problems and pay for them?
And old people, the infirm and children died as a result.

There are still many coming via plane
Only the Ukrainians, and those from Hong Kong.

excuse for what?
Follow the thread:
i.e the attitude of fomenting hatred towards asylum seekers.
The persistent drip drip drip of claims that they areall really economic migrants
If they were economic migrants they're doing exactly what you and others say they should be doing - bettering themselves.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. That's the typical anti-refugee attitude.

When I were a lad, we only had heating available in one room anyway, winters were much, much colder, homes much less well insulated. When it was cold, we got ice form on the inside of the windows, take a drink up to bed, and the drink would be frozen solid by next morning. Beds were generally hand me down's, if they broke you fixed them. If you were cold in bed, you piled more clothes on.. What is wrong with people today, that they just expect evryone else to sort out their problems and pay for them?

It will be coming over shortly with the rest of their family.

Says Harry who lives in his mortgage free house and no money worries

Because he worked hard, studied hard, was careful with his money and by the sound of it was not stupid enough to get married and then divorce.

That's just it, they are denied the opportunity to work, and do similar to what you have enjoyed - the opportunity to better yourself.
I have not mentioned illegal immigrants. I am talking about people who were born and raised in this country and have the undeniable right to work.
Most can't be bothered because the state pays them, almost the equivalent, of what they would get in a minimum wage job.
There are night school courses they could take, free of charge because of their circumstances, to enable them to build up their skill set to look for better employment.

Sponsored Links
Back