NoBed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An interview on national BBC News, with people complaining they couldn't afford beds, on the money the state was paying them, sleeping in one room, because they couldn't afford to heat more than one room - Pathetic I call it, and it's not even cold yet. I haven't had the heating fire up yet, since the summer.

When I were a lad, we only had heating available in one room anyway, winters were much, much colder, homes much less well insulated. When it was cold, we got ice form on the inside of the windows, take a drink up to bed, and the drink would be frozen solid by next morning. Beds were generally hand me down's, if they broke you fixed them. If you were cold in bed, you piled more clothes on.. What is wrong with people today, that they just expect evryone else to sort out their problems and pay for them?

Sponsored Links
lets get this right over the last 70 years from just after the war things have gradually improved with the working class gradually dropping hours off the working week to start reaching a 6 day week then a 5 day week and a reasonable living with a bit off ballance where the profits where shared a bit more evenly roll on 2010 austerity where the working class take a hammering whilst those with means often mostly property seem to thrive
i suppose dark satanic mills and children up chiminies will soon be a normality again:unsure:

Ah, the good old days. :rolleyes:

You had a room, ee by gum , if we had a roof we were lucky......

Sponsored Links
the migrants have been complaining the radiators wern't working when they arrived in Essex in August - LOL

I need the heating on in August - not very climate change aware are they

pity they hadn't arrived up here in scotland - they might of just fecked off straight back to sunny africa

the migrants have been complaining the radiators wern't working when they arrived in Essex in August - LOL

I need the heating on in August - not very climate change aware are they

pity they hadn't arrived up here in scotland - they might of just fecked off straight back to sunny africa
Good job that attitude wasn't the norm when we all migrated out of Africa. We'd have all stayed there. :rolleyes:

we soon invented the needle and thread. (a greater and more important invention than the wheel)
You mean migrants need to adjust to the climate, like putting the heating on when it's available?
Do you think their luggage, with their spare clothing, has been delayed in transit somewhere? :rolleyes:

Good job that attitude wasn't the norm when we all migrated out of Africa. We'd have all stayed there. :rolleyes:
We didn't just jump on a plane to migrate out of Africa. It was a gradual process over thousands of years giving the migrants plenty of time to acclimatise to their new environment.

Sell one of the games machines/mobile phones that the kids have got and buy a bed. Better still, get off your 'arris and get a job. Then you could afford to buy to some blankets as well!
You do realise a lot of people do work and still can't afford a lot of basics.

An interview on national BBC News, with people complaining they couldn't afford beds, on the money the state was paying them, sleeping in one room, because they couldn't afford to heat more than one room - Pathetic I call it, and it's not even cold yet. I haven't had the heating fire up yet, since the summer.

When I were a lad, we only had heating available in one room anyway, winters were much, much colder, homes much less well insulated. When it was cold, we got ice form on the inside of the windows, take a drink up to bed, and the drink would be frozen solid by next morning. Beds were generally hand me down's, if they broke you fixed them. If you were cold in bed, you piled more clothes on.. What is wrong with people today, that they just expect evryone else to sort out their problems and pay for them?
Says Harry who lives in his mortgage free house and no money worries

Sell one of the games machines/mobile phones that the kids have got and buy a bed. Better still, get off your 'arris and get a job. Then you could afford to buy to some blankets as well!
Their mobile phones and the internet (wifi) is theri only means of communication with their family.
Do you deny them the opportunity to communicate with their family?
Or would you prefer they have a choice of being warm or having communication with their family?
I didn't see that in the Tories 'war on Asylum Seeekrs' manifesto.

They'd love to work, but the government does not allow them to.
And if they do, and are caught, that's sufficient grounds to deport them and refuse their asylum application.

Sponsored Links
Back