NoBed

Quite a few of the kids I worked with over the years didn't have a bed to sleep in. Usually because of overcrowding or because they were living with parent/step parent in a one bed flat. Quite often they came in knackered because when sleeping on the sofa they have to wait for others to go to bed.

Sponsored Links
the migrants have been complaining the radiators wern't working when they arrived in Essex in August
I need the heating on in August
- not very climate change aware are they

pity they hadn't arrived up here in scotland - they might of just fecked off straight back to sunny africa
You two must have missed Munroasts post, about the fifth post I believe. :rolleyes:
What leads you to believe HB is talking about illegal immigrants? He's referring to people on state benefits.

I have not mentioned illegal immigrants. I am talking about people who were born and raised in this country and have the undeniable right to work.
Most can't be bothered because the state pays them, almost the equivalent, of what they would get in a minimum wage job.
There are night school courses they could take, free of charge because of their circumstances, to enable them to build up their skill set to look for better employment.

Sponsored Links
Quite a few of the kids I worked with over the years didn't have a bed to sleep in. Usually because of overcrowding or because they were living with parent/step parent in a one bed flat. Quite often they came in knackered because when sleeping on the sofa they have to wait for others to go to bed.
thats tough. I know of a family of 5 living in a 2 bed flat. If they were on benefits, they'd be re-housed due to having 2 boys and 1 girl. But they earn what they can and have a mortgage and cannot afford a 3 bed house.

This thread is the same old lazy arguments

lets save some time and just post a montage of the right wing media, save you lot the effort of writing all these tropes

here ya go, fill yer boots, have a good whine

D4LmmOrWsAIkSdt

I have not mentioned illegal immigrants. I am talking about people who were born and raised in this country and have the undeniable right to work.
Most can't be bothered because the state pays them, almost the equivalent, of what they would get in a minimum wage job.
There are night school courses they could take, free of charge because of their circumstances, to enable them to build up their skill set to look for better employment.
If general benefits are similar to minimum wage then minimum wage isn't high enough. I wonder if that's why so many working families still have to rely on benefits

Yes. Make them work to afford their own bed, rather than trying to give them a bit of help and a decent start in life.

Some will still end up like their parents, but sone will make it to a better life

Because he worked hard, studied hard, was careful with his money and by the sound of it was not stupid enough to get married and then divorce.

You match your standard of living and the luxuries you can afford, to your income. Absolute essentials first, make do and mend for the rest. There is more help available free now, than ever there was. Lots of stuff being donated free, for the taking.

So many poor people , we have had trouble giving away reasonably decent furniture, unless its brand new "the poor" are not interested
No one is interested in your battered flat-pack Argos tat, boyo.

So many poor people , we have had trouble giving away reasonably decent furniture, unless its brand new "the poor" are not interested
Probably living in an area with not many poor people around.

Not easy to get a bed moved if no car or transport

Sponsored Links
Back