Noise in my flat and consequences?

Show us a picture of the hinges; it may well be the case that a soft closer is available as a clip-on, specifically designed accessory. This just clicks into my Blum hinges:

View attachment 306764View attachment 306765

Re the noise issue, tell them to contact the council if they think they have a valid complaint.
When they see the extent they'll have to go to to stop you washing up, they'll give up
16908689580092125958445400035241.jpg

Sponsored Links
Check your lease. It may state that carpeting must be installed in all areas except bathrooms and kitchens. Are you a headlease holder (you have bought the lease) or is yours a shorthold tenancy where you pay rent every month? It sounds like you are a headlease holder, and the complainant(s) are renters! Contact the headlease holder of their flat and let him know his tenants are being belligerent, and also advise your freeholder/management company.

I've met a few really sour individuals over my lifetime who have bitterly complained about reasonable noise levels in houses or flats with adjoining properties.

It always makes me think "Why did you buy such a property?". And "If you wanted complete peace and quiet, why didn't you buy a detatched house out in the sticks?"

The unreasonableness of some people staggers me.

Sponsored Links
To the OP, dont wear your high heels in the house! :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back