Noise on the pipe when heating goes on and off. Help

Google?

Don't be arrogant with your knowledge.
You've no idea what i do or don't know or how i learn.

Why is what i have said wrong?

This isn't a challenge, its a genuine question. Explain, else your comment is worthless.

I've no probs being wrong.
This is a site for people to ask for advice from Pros , or others who have had a similar problem, it is not a site to debate what you do or dont know, most on here are happy to offer free advice to anyone to help them out, it is not a bIlly big balls competition

Sponsored Links
Played around it tonight getting heating on off. I noticed noise comes from the zone valve actuator which also moves and shakes when opening and closing and seems like it forces the other actuator to close even more too.

That's interesting.

Is it a mechanical noise (of the gubbins opening or closing) or is it fluid noise as the valve open/shuts off flow?

Because if its the former, id check its screwed together properly (it should not rattle) or perhaps the gland/stem/plug has collapsed.

If its the latter, that would be odd because your getting water hammer and the valve should not be closing quick enough to create that.

A video so the sub can watch and listen would be a great idea.

This is a site for people to ask for advice from Pros , or others who have had a similar problem, it is not a site to debate what you do or dont know, most on here are happy to offer free advice to anyone to help them out, it is not a bIlly big balls competition

Oh. So only pros can comment?
Didn't know that. Thought it was an open forum. I'll have a read of the rules again and get back to you on that.

Still waiting on the answer as to why i am wring despite asking a number of times.

You're not doing that forum thing where you deflect from a question by strawman arguments are you?

Hope not. That would be utterly dull.

Oh. So only pros can comment?
Didn't know that. Thought it was an open forum. I'll have a read of the rules again and get back to you on that.

Still waiting on the answer as to why i am wring despite asking a number of times.

You're not doing that forum thing where you deflect from a question by strawman arguments are you?

Hope not. That would be utterly dull.
As said it is not a site for debate on what you think , feel free to PM me and I will happily tell you anything you want to know, but stop posting about stuff you know nothing about, it just confuses the posters

Sponsored Links
As said it is not a site for debate on what you think , feel free to PM me and I will happily tell you anything you want to know, but stop posting about stuff you know nothing about, it just confuses the posters

Still not justifying your assertion.

Your wrong. I explained why. Go and read up on modern practice and technology and stop giving outdated advice.

I'll take instruction from the site mods not you.

Thanks anyway.

Ps. There is an ignore function. Go and read up how it works.

Still not justifying your assertion.

Your wrong. I explained why. d read uGo anp on modern practice and technology and stop giving outdated advice.

I'll take instruction from the site mods not you.

Thanks anyway.

Ps. There is an ignore function. Go and read up how it works.
Thought so, do you do this with everone that doesnt agree with you ? some people on here are very expert in their profession, and know a lot more than Google warriors, and by that I will not include myself, as self praise is no praise.But as said stop posting confusing replies to those looking for advice on here

Answer the Question.
Jeysus, you can't can you lol?

I'll not respond to you for a bit, this handbaging is off topic and of no help to the OP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back