non finned radiators modern equivilent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have 3 radiators i want to change 2 to modern equivilents of simmilar output and the third i am hoping for around 30 to 40% extra output as the bathroom takes ages to warm as its all outside surfaces

bathroom radiator is 740x1270 what size modern double finned radiator would give around 1/3 more output!!!

the other 2 are 2x8ft and 2x7ft3" what modern double finned radiator sizes would be equivilent please !!!

could you please give me the approximate output of my present radiators to help with other calculations please they are all non finned thanks

Sponsored Links
look up stellrad or myson online, they will list what sizes are available and the styles.

If you want a bit more heat than your single panel go for a P+ which is twin panel and single convector.

thank you superdupergasman for your answer :D

what i am realy after is finding out the capacity of the old rads so i can size the new ones as small as possible as the present rads all but fill the usable walls in my terrace house what would your best guess about comparative outputs be between plane finned and double finned!!!

i was assuming around 35 percent between plain and finned and 2.6 times capacity from plain to double finned do these assumptions seem reasonable or way out :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The PTS catalogue is a good resource in situations like this, as it contains many pages of radiators from many different manufacturers along with all the stats, allowing you to compare heat outputs and sizes.

There were even one of two examples of non-finned radiators in there, allowing me to get a rough idea of the output of my old rads, none of which had fins.

You might be surprised just how much more heat a finned radiator will put out than a similarly-sized, non-finned equivalent !

To double check your estimates, put your figures into one or two of the radiator size calculators available online - they'll give you an idea of the heat output you should be aiming for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back