Non(?)-notifiable work in a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am reworking a bathroom. I propose to do the following:
1. Remove the existing wall unit which includes a shaving socket and some 12V halogens (via a transformer)
2. Disconnect the existing ceiling fan
3. Remove the existing main light
4. Install ULV LEDlights in the ceiling (IP55 rated)
5. Add an occupancy sensor for the above, also in the ceiling
6. Re-connect the fan, now fitted with a humidity sensor (possibly located elsewhere in the ceiling as it is currently just about above where the new shower will be)
7. Install a heated mirror incorporating LED lighting

The current switch is outside the room; it will become redundant although I might replace it with a double pole to isolate the lights/fan (or possibly just the fan).

Everything in the ceiling is outside the special zones, and the mirror will be more than 60cm from the shower cubicle (I think, I'll have to check), so also outside.

I don't think any of this is notifiable - which is just as well as I've done 1&2! Am I right?

Sponsored Links
The current switch is outside the room; it will become redundant although I might replace it with a double pole to isolate the lights/fan (or possibly just the fan). Everything in the ceiling is outside the special zones, and the mirror will be more than 60cm from the shower cubicle (I think, I'll have to check), so also outside. I don't think any of this is notifiable - which is just as well as I've done 1&2! Am I right?
Provided you are satisfied that none of the work is within any of the prescribed 'zones' then, yes, you are right in saying that it would not be notifiable (in England).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back