bathroom - notifiable work ?

Diagonally was mentioned

the shaver socket is about 10cm left of a hollow vertical metal partition (would this also be used as conduit ?) and the cables run diagonally upwards for approx 15cm-ish into this metal partition thing and up to the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
It doesnt but I was just extending the 'logic' re the rcd remark.

The OP plans to move the shaver socket point to the right. His intention is to just extend the existing cable (coming down the wall vertically?) to the right and cover over the existing box.

You cant do that, RCD protected or not. 17th edition, or not.

BernardGreen,

I was referring to the original post :D

Taylortwocities,

I agree in an ideal world :eek:
Vertical and horizontal are ok for me, diagonal is a big no no.

taylor, of course you can..

if the cable in the void is not clipped and doesn't pass through a nogin, and is to the left of the particular cavity that it ocupies then a move of 12 inches or so is not impossible..

most holes are drilled in the center of a cavity top plate, and most boxes don't butt up to the stud, so clipping the cable to one side or the other actually takes it outside of the "safe zones"..

the ideal solution would be to put a bottom entry flex outlet plate ( the type with connections and a blank for the hole / knockout ) over the existing outlet and then cable horizontally form that to the new shaver point / light..

one of these..
K1090WHI.jpg

too bad that most shaver points are double backboxes... :eek:

Sponsored Links
my shaver point seems to be one of those drywall plastic inserts, and I reckon I could probably move it 1/2m to the right without adding to any cable

the big question for me is whether it is notifiable or not, and whether installing a mirror cabinet with a built-in light and shaver socket is notifiable or not, within zone 3 of the bathroom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back