nosy neighbours with pir cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do u lot deal with nosy neighbour problem.they think the're dogs rollocks with little camera set to come on when we step out of door.starting to p**s us off.feel like pulling mooney but there must be a better way. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
I may be compleely wrong, but I understood that cctv which extended beyond the property on which it is mounted had to be licenced. You could research this, and if right, send them a solicitor's letter. It may also come under infringement of privacy.

I understood that cctv which extended beyond the property on which it is mounted had to be licenced

When my ex wanted a CCTV camera fitted, that is what the CCTV company who quoted told her.

Of course, the PIR beam might be wider than the field of view.

I reckon PIR should come under the same law though, how many times have you been walking down a deserted dark alley at 3am then had a 500W halogen switch on pointed at your face? :LOL:

If I were you, I would just explain to them that it makes you uncomfortable that their system is switching on when you are on your property. Presumably a light comes on too?

Failing that, dance around for hours to make sure the tape is full, then snip the leads ;)

theres one of those 500w pirs just up the road from me - i will be walking on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD and it will come on, shining into the street! Been like this for at least 2 years now, i wonder if the owners realise how much energy they are wasting by having the sensitivity up to max.

Sponsored Links
wambanger said:
how do u lot deal with nosy neighbour problem.they think the're dogs rollocks with little camera set to come on when we step out of door.starting to p**s us off.feel like pulling mooney but there must be a better way. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ask them everyday for a copy of last nights action with you on it - the dataprotection act makes it possible for you to recieve a copy of those bits of film in which you appear - or something like that - either way they'll either

A. get so p***** off with you asking and they'll stop giving you the said items - then you can take them to court

or

B. the won't give you any of the said items so you can take them to court - and while your at it can you get a copy of me in tescos the other day please - the lady with the short skirt was schweet.... and i would'nt mind looking at her baset again :evil:

securespark said:
Adam first said:

Adam then said:
CCTV camera fitted

Are these two events linked, matey? :LOL:

Yes, y'see what happened was I would sneak out of her bed in the middle of the night and start kicking my muddy football against her front windows and shouting at 3am with my 14-year old chav mates.

She wouldn't have found out if I hadn't installed that CCTV :LOL:

Freddie said:
Shine a laser into the lens :D

What does this do then? Destroy it? or merely stick it permenantly on? Will a keychain laser do? ;)

crafty1289 said:
Freddie said:
Shine a laser into the lens :D

What does this do then? Destroy it? or merely stick it permenantly on? Will a keychain laser do? ;)

They wont be able to see much but on a digital still camera it destroys the sensor---dont know if it will damage a vid camera but they certainly wont see anything but a blinding red light, that will make them move it

Freddie said:
They wont be able to see much but on a digital still camera it destroys the sensor---dont know if it will damage a vid camera but they certainly wont see anything but a blinding red light, that will make them move it

i don't think that is quite true (not with laser pointers anyway as they are too weak)

breezer said:
Freddie said:

i don't think that is quite true (not with laser pointers anyway as they are too weak)

If you look directly into a laser ( none of them are 100% safe ) you will see nothing but red glare.

On a vid camera it is magnyfied so you wont see anything but red.

On a still digital camera it has a sensor which replaces the film and the laser destroys the pixels---a building level laser will do nicely and blind your neighbours camera when it points your way.

plant a tree..wavering branches will give them fine pics of nothing to look at alternatively... dress up as an ax murderer and prance about in front of it...

You'd be surprised - cameras pick up a lot of stuff that the naked eye can't see, so you could do quite well at b*ggering up their image.

I was once told a good way of checking whether your TV remote batteries were dead or not, which should serve as a good test. If you have a camera phone, digital camera, or CCTV, point the remote at the lens and press.

Surprised?

So, if you could find an appropriate way to shine enough ("invisible") UV light directly into their camera........... :D

Have any of your other neighbours had any disputes with these people in the past?
Or have they been victims of crime or had their property damaged?

There must have been a reason for them installing the CCTV in the first place - as I don't think it would be something I would have installed unless I was trying to collect evidence of damage being done to to my property

Sponsored Links
Back