Not if you are English

Sponsored Links
I visited Scotland a few weeks ago and found that nobody likes Nicola Sturgeon! From the Highlands to the Borders.

I got the impression that her politics are akin to the politics you see in England on the BBC and the mainstream media. Adopted by all in power and influence, but hated by the man in the street - i.e. the voter.

She is a singularly unpleasant woman but a fighter. If we had a Prime Minister with any gall he would send her to Afghanistan to sort the taliban out!
To be fair to the SNP, Tory MP Johnny Mercer said that the SNP were the only politicians to contact him to offer sympathy after the shootings in Plymouth.
He said the Tories didnt bother to contact him.
So the SNP can't be that bad after all.

Anything less than a decisive majority for Scottish independence could lead to big problems.
Are you trying to say that 52% of those who vote is not enough?

Are you trying to say that 52% of those who vote is not enough?
The 48% who voted remain in the EU referendum didn't seem to believe that 52% was enough to justify leaving the EU.

Sponsored Links
I visited Scotland a few weeks ago and found that nobody likes Nicola Sturgeon! From the Highlands to the Borders.
Apparently it is about 50/50, although I'm in southern Scotland and I don't really know anyone who likes her, huge opposition to Independence around here.

There is a lot about Nicola I admire and would have her running the whole of the UK, I think underneath she is a good genuine person (which is a breath of fresh air considering Westminster) But it is her overwhelming desire for independence that scares me. Not that she would make too bad of a job, but what sort of loon could take the reigns after her, and there are plenty total crack-pots in the SNP. - very worrying times.

Every thing the SNP do is with independance in mind

taking independance as a given ?

negotiations need to start now as to relocating the naval bases in Scotland to elsewhere

snp are against any nuclear bases

but want to join Nato :confused: who have a nuclear weapons policy :confused:

The 48% who voted remain in the EU referendum didn't seem to believe that 52% was enough to justify leaving the EU.
As you say, the wishes of all the population, except for 52% of those who voted, were overridden and ignored.

Remind me, what proportion of the people of NI had their wishes overridden and ignored? 56%, wasn't it? And you love that.

Apparently it is about 50/50, although I'm in southern Scotland and I don't really know anyone who likes her, huge opposition to Independence around here.

There is a lot about Nicola I admire and would have her running the whole of the UK, I think underneath she is a good genuine person (which is a breath of fresh air considering Westminster) But it is her overwhelming desire for independence that scares me. Not that she would make too bad of a job, but what sort of loon could take the reigns after her, and there are plenty total crack-pots in the SNP. - very worrying times.

I think she is good for Scotland and I think a lot of her votes are from Scott's who will vote to stay part of the union

As you say, the wishes of all the population, except for 52% of those who voted, were overridden and ignored.

Remind me, what proportion of the people of NI had their wishes overridden and ignored? 56%, wasn't it? And you love that.
56% in N.I. voted for the whole of the UK to remain in the EU.
As far as I know an internal UK border wasn't on the ballot paper.
I thought Remainers were supposed to be the clever people, yet they lost the referendum and then compounded their error by giving the Tories an 80 seat majority in the House of Commons.
How clever is that.

The people got what they wanted.
Britain had a vote on Europe, the people of Britain voted to leave Europe.
Scotland had a vote on independunce, the people of Scotland voted to stay as part of the U.K.
At no time did Scotland or N.I. have a vote on Europe, it was a British vote, not a regional vote.
I might, or might not agree with the result of the votes but, as a believer in democracy, I have to go with the majority.

Sponsored Links
Back