not informing building control part p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Too many guys on here just wanna talk about regs this, part p that. Worked as electrician for years, never encountered building control or wish to, never been part p or wish to.
I fit something, issue a cert and get my cash, if a guy wants to put a light up in his garage or wherever then fair play to him,
People like BAS talk too much BS, just a thought for you.....

Sponsored Links
People like B-A-S want to help people who are competent enough to be helped and at the same time advise them they could be breaking the law with regards to Part P.

That is all

Just saying, like someone will ask a simple questions and find theselves getting quoted repeatedly followed by warnings about part p and the like.....If someone wants to add a light from an existing and sound like they know whqat they are doing i dont see the point in all the fuss.....

Too many guys on here just wanna talk about regs this, part p that. Worked as electrician for years, never encountered building control or wish to, never been part p or wish to.
I fit something, issue a cert and get my cash, if a guy wants to put a light up in his garage or wherever then fair play to him,

This from the man who thinks low voltage starts at 110v or less :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
no i don't think it starts at that, i said that in a round about lazy way in my house or van i would say a laptop is low voltage, maybe lower voltage would have been a better way to say it but there you go, im not fussed a bout that i was talking general, im not in class or taking an exam right now

no i don't think it starts at that, i said that in a round about lazy way in my house or van i would say a laptop is low voltage, maybe lower voltage would have been a better way to say it but there you go, im not fussed a bout that i was talking general, im not in class or taking an exam right now
If you were an electrician you would know where about's even in a lazy way the values of low voltage differ from that of extra low voltage.
Do you think that people should be advised on stuff then not informed what the legal requirements are?
So you are quite happy breaking the law then?
PS your stuff don't work anyway!

i got 11 distinctions and a merit so some of it must have sank in
if putting up an extra light is breaking the law then, yes i am happy with that

low voltage! do you know what low voltage is?

yes i do, in definition, and i would say personally anything i came across lower than 110 as low voltage, like a 15v charger

do_not_feed_the_troll_by_veilx-d38viyi.jpg

Are you therefore:

1) Someone who does not carry out notifiable work in dwellings in England or Wales?

or

2) A criminal cowboy?

What you mean is I say truthful things about your complete lack of competence and dangerous delusions which you don't like.

Just saying, like someone will ask a simple questions and find theselves getting quoted repeatedly followed by warnings about part p and the like.....
People get told about the Building Regulations in case they don't know about them.

They may get follow-up "warnings" if it looks like they might be heading towards something which isn't going to work, like "getting an electrician in to sign it off", or doing something other than what they told Building Control they were going to do.

Nobody ever gets denied answers just because they don't intend to notify when they should.

And anyway - what's wrong with Part P?

This is what it says:

Do you not think that people should be required to make reasonable provision for safety in what they do?

If someone wants to add a light from an existing and sound like they know whqat they are doing i dont see the point in all the fuss.....
I'm sure you don't.

But that's because you are hard of thinking.

i got 11 distinctions and a merit so some of it must have sank in
Don't you mean sunk without trace?

if putting up an extra light is breaking the law then, yes i am happy with that
So now we know.

As well as being ignorant, incompetent and stupid, you are a lying, cheating, criminal cowboy.

Go away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back