Not Picture of the week!™

Sponsored Links
Well done then. :D

I did pyro fire alarms in listed buildings, and when i asked people to "dress" the brass screws, they looked :confused:
I actually picked it up off an australian, agency sub-contractor.

Was the pyro from your stock ;) or did you buy it.

I have 100 met of 2L1.5 orange sitting in my garage.
I heard it is about 3 pound a metre now

It was left over from a job ;)

I was tought about dressing screws as an appo.

I was taught it was mainly to stop water sitting in the slots of black jap screws which are used outside, as it may cause them to rust quicker. Not sure how true that is, but it looks a damn sight better, and as if someone was actually bothered about their work.

I do it on all switches and sockets too.

It's amazing how many people don't :evil:

Ah, Black Japs.

I remember them, always roundhead, before the days of cordless screwdrivers and everyone using countersunk pozi's for everything!

Sponsored Links
Making sure the slot where the screwdriver goes is perfectly verticle on each and every screw :D

I am always having an argument with my latest apprentice with regards dressing the accessory screws.

He laughed the first time I pulled him up, and even now he giggles and says it's pointless!

These young boys!

It's not pointless - give him a kick him in the nads!

I'm a horizontal guy. I hate it though when the second screw gets to vertical and you're wondering if the accessory will take another half turn or would it be better to back off by half? Decisions decisions!! :confused: :LOL:

Making sure the slot where the screwdriver goes is perfectly verticle on each and every screw :D

I do mine Horizontal :confused: ,as long as there all the same i'm happy.
Here's another idea, for when you have 4 screws at the corners of something - angle each one so that they align with the imaginary diagonal lines between the corners...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back