NOT SURE ABOUT A CONMAN

• Thread starter LITTLE .OLD. LADY
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LITTLE .OLD. LADY

im sorry to bother you all but im a little worried about a gas engineer i called out the evinings paper. the trouble i got is that the pilot light on my boiler wont light. so i rang up this gentleman and he came round and spent about an hour in the kitchen, he came back and told me it was the thermocoule. i ask him can he fix it today and he told me he would be back tomorrow with the part, he told me that todays call would be 45 pounds, with total cost with today and tomorrow with parts and vat it would be 135 pounds is this you think the right charges

Sponsored Links
When and if he returns,after he has repaired your boiler be sure to feed and water him well and then tip him.You never know when you might need him again !!

Sponsored Links
i think you may be lying. there is no way anyone would try and charge that much. if he did he wouldnt have many customers unless he was in a thong and a tool belt with some dodgy ska-kwik-save music going on in the background

BG charge that to repair that very same fault...and they get millions of customers.

If its too expensive get someone else....Simple

Not again, didn't you run this same bogus post less than a year ago under a very similar moniker L.O.L

A decent fitter should have a TC in his van, if they say they have to call back tomorrow for a TC, then it's b*llsh*t.

Yes a thermocouple is a basic piece of kit, but I suppose he might have used his up that day or something. The price is reasonable for two visits to repair something, but a bit high considering its just for a thermocouple which shoukld be a one visit fix.

Anything below a one-er is OK!!

I dont know if this is a bogus post but until that is proved I will consider its genuine.

First you should have asked to see his CORGI photocard before letting him work on your boiler.

Secondly, in my view a genuine engineer would have either had that common part with him OR he would have returned with a new one at no additional charge.

My view is that £45 for today and £45 for tomorrow plus £8 for the part would be reasonable.

However most engineers would have the part with them and charge about £65 to £95 all inclusive.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back