Nuki Opener with Bell BC801

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time poster,
Hi I was trying to get a Nuki opener working with the Bell BC801.

Yet to no joy, the first things that I was trying was as I found out my system is a BC801 and not a 801 that this is not on the Nuki opener list.

Though it does have generic installations for Bus or analogue systems.

Im assuming this is bus (from the datasheet i have) but when running generic install it says to use the Doorbell cable Position B+ from the intercom, where mine are labelled as 12v+,12v-, Data A, Data B, Audio 1, Audio 2.

Any assistance would be appreciated, as so far Nuki support has been nothing but rude in trying to sort this matter and would not accept a refund although their staff said to me it was compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I take it this is multiple dwelling you live in and modifying this system may damage it ….?

It is a multiple dwelling, but these are made for multiple dwellings and I own my apartment and don't want to damage the system which is why I'm seeking help.

Sponsored Links
Ok so I assume it works by closing a relay , which would be wired across the lock release button / terminals ….yours does not have the terminals as it’s a bus system ….you could solder across the lock button microswitch BUT ….I am not sure if the bell handset requires the handset to be lifted before the lock release can be activated this is the norm on mod iso systems , but not sure on your bell system , your would have to contact bells tech support and ask the question ….and finally if you modified this and it went pear shape you could end up with a bill that may run into the £1000s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back