numpty trainee question - again !!

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYyyyyyyyyyy

Its STILL going on

pour yourselves a drinkypoo boys and settle down for the fun

:)

Sponsored Links
Doitall wrote

Anyway back to the problem, how are we going to make the close tappered nipples so we can go home.

Make a nipple chuck from one piece of pipe (same size as the nipples to be cut and long enough to be captured in both jaws of the pipe machine) and a CPLG. TOE of the pipe which will be chucked in the pipe machine but give it a long thread and screw the CPLG on a bit farther than you usually would to make up a regular joint, then thread the nipple into the CPLG such that your nipple will butt up to the end of the pipe when screwed into the CPLG, this keeps the nipple from getting jammed in the CPLG. It works for the occasional use but not as easy as having the right tool, a nipple chuck.
Let me know if you have any problems understanding this crapitall. ;)

What amazes me is the incredible speed at which Babooshka came up with 'his' answer. :)

Sponsored Links
Sheesh... having "mastered" my feeble 30mm passover, Im dreading getting to the LCS module !! Looks like Im gonna have to grow a thicker skin for the P!55 thats gonna be taken out of me !!

Seriously, as a 47 year old newbie, you lot are a great help AND entertaining to boot

Softus said:
What amazes me is the incredible speed at which Babooshka came up with 'his' answer. :)

Whoooo ooo, balenza, balenza, balenza, ah a ah, thats how it goes aint it :LOL:

Balenza said:
Doitall wrote

As it happens one of the best pipefitters I have had the pleasure of working with retired on Friday age 76 and as fit as a fiddle.

No doubt like yourself he would need a lesson or two on the A frame. :rolleyes:
Im not talking about stilson swinging pipefitters.
Copper pipe pipefitters who see nothing but copper day in day out who will have perhaps two or three A frames lined up for different size piping.
Two or three ton of the stuff delivered to the site for use over 4 to 6 week periods. :)

You want to see copper pipework, do a search through DiyNot, and you may be lucky to find a few pics.

Ballski you couldn't teach me ziltch.

Balenza said:
Doitall wrote

Anyway back to the problem, how are we going to make the close tappered nipples so we can go home.

Make a nipple chuck from one piece of pipe (same size as the nipples to be cut and long enough to be captured in both jaws of the pipe machine) and a CPLG. TOE of the pipe which will be chucked in the pipe machine but give it a long thread and screw the CPLG on a bit farther than you usually would to make up a regular joint, then thread the nipple into the CPLG such that your nipple will butt up to the end of the pipe when screwed into the CPLG, this keeps the nipple from getting jammed in the CPLG. It works for the occasional use but not as easy as having the right tool, a nipple chuck.
Let me know if you have any problems understanding this crapitall. ;)

No that wouldn't work either :LOL: remember the two opposite threads have to touch each other in the center.

How to doit ballski so you can tell everyone and make yourself look clever.

cut a thread on both ends about 100mm long.
cut the pipe 21mm from the threads.
place the long thread in the machine and cut the other thread up to the first.
cut the long thread off at the start of the tapper (21mm)

Hey presto one close tappered nipple :LOL: :LOL:

Doitall wrote

Whoooaaaaa there Doitall.
How are you going to cut a 100mm thread on both ends and then cut 21mm from the threads when the pipe is only 200mm long. ???

If I told that to anyone with half a wit they would call me an idiot.

Doitall wrote

need 2 No close tapper nipples to finish the job

then he wrote

Hey presto one close tappered nipple

What goods one. ??
My method creates 2 and your question stated 2. ;)
Job done. Tools in the van and off home. :D

Balenza said:
Doitall wrote

Whoooaaaaa there Doitall.
How are going to cut a 100mm thread on both ends and then cut 21mm from the threads when the pipe is only 200mm long. ???

If I told that to anyone with half a wit they would call me an idiot.

You are an idiot.

Go on get someone to show you how to use a threading machine and try it. :LOL:

Doitall wrote

You are an idiot

Wrong answer. :(

Can you explain how to thread 100mm unto both ends of a 200mm piece of pipe and then cut the pipe 21mm from the threads and end up with TWO close tapered nipples ?.

Doitall wrote

A question for ballenska the pipe fitter.

You're on site with just the threading machine and 200mm of 1" heavy steel tube, and you need 2 No close tapper nipples to finish the job

then he wrote

place the long thread in the machine and cut the other thread up to the first.
cut the long thread off at the start of the tapper (21mm)

Hey presto one close tappered nipple

This has me baffled Doitall. :confused:
Can you not explain it better ?.
If not for my benefit then the OP,s who may have a go at pipe threading some day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back