numpty trainee question - again !!

Sponsored Links
Doitall wrote

but the shortest length you can thread is 120mm,

Dont have that problem with my Colchester. ;)

Well anyway to answer your question.

Thread both ends of the 200mm piece. Cut in half and join with a coupler, then thread the other ends. Piece of cake. :D

Balenza said:
Doitall wrote

but the shortest length you can thread is 120mm,

Dont have that problem with my Colchester. ;)

Well anyway to answer your question.

Thread both ends of the 200mm piece. Cut in half and join with a coupler, then thread the other ends. Piece of cake. :D

Sorry can't be done, try again

Doitall wrote

What you mean is , you have never tried it so you DONT KNOW.

Why dont you get down from your high horse and post the answer.?

Ill never be able to state my findings on another forum at this rate and searching the net for anything related to nipples will give the answer to anything but pipethreading short stubs in a threading machine. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Balenza said:
Doitall wrote

What you mean is , you have never tried it so you DONT KNOW.

Why dont you get down from your high horse and post the answer.?

Ill never be able to state my findings on another forum at this rate and searching the net for anything related to nipples will give the answer to anything but pipethreading short stubs in a threading machine. :oops:

What I mean is it can't be done using an socket.

And yes I have made hundreds over the years.

You accused me of not being a pipefitter, now you're either an authority who knows what you're talking about or you should keep it shut. :LOL:

Bismillah - you haven't insulted me for the best part of an hour, and I'm feeling a bit left out.

And I can't believe you're admitting defeat - not after all the times you've been kicked in the head and still come bobbing back for more.

You must have something left; maybe some invented basis for accusing me of being an amateur? Or a witty re-arrangement of the letters of my user name? Come on - throw me a crumb. :(

Softus said:
Bismillah - you haven't insulted me for the best part of an hour, and I'm feeling a bit left out.:(

Ok soft you are rubbish at stuff

Feel better now?

I am going to pour me gas and markie another, this is better than the rumble in the jungle

:):):):):):):):)

Doitall wrote

What I mean is it can't be done using an socket.

I could do it in a lathe with a socket. I could add some extra piping to the length to give a better grip in the chuck.
But then you dont have any piping left over do you ? Just 200mm.
Then I would remove a section from the installation as its clearly not completed anyway and join the short stub to this section using a socket and complete the threading.

Doitall wrote

You accused me of not being a pipefitter

I can assure you I have not. :!:
You have simply mis intrepreted one of my earlier posts and I think I know which one.

Balenza said:
You have never seen pipefitters in action Doitall.
They would start on the outer bend and work through without removing the pipe from the A frame.

As it happens one of the best pipefitters I have had the pleasure of working with retired on Friday age 76 and as fit as a fiddle.

I shall really miss the oldbugger after working together for 30years :cry:

Anyway back to the problem, how are we going to make the close tappered nipples so we can go home.

It's quite simple when you think about it.

If it makes a difference they are to connect two fittings together :rolleyes:

Doitall wrote

As it happens one of the best pipefitters I have had the pleasure of working with retired on Friday age 76 and as fit as a fiddle.

No doubt like yourself he would need a lesson or two on the A frame. :rolleyes:
Im not talking about stilson swinging pipefitters.
Copper pipe pipefitters who see nothing but copper day in day out who will have perhaps two or three A frames lined up for different size piping.
Two or three ton of the stuff delivered to the site for use over 4 to 6 week periods. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back