Odd socket

Sponsored Links
I've got one of them (stored) in my garage. It comes with a surface back box which can be fitted over a standard single knockout box.

I don't think it's MK, perhaps something like AEI or Nettle. Will have a look some time. (Hang on, can't you look on yours?)

Found it, no maker's name.

The fuse for the 2 amp sockets is missing on mine. Have a look on yours, there may be a name on it.

Could be MEM.

I would estimate it to be around mid 60s.

Nettle were a very big manufacturer of electrical wiring devices in the Sixties, whatever happened to them? - Did they go bust or similar?

Sponsored Links
Nettle were a very big manufacturer of electrical wiring devices in the Sixties, whatever happened to them? - Did they go bust or similar?

Not sure, I think Temco merged with Volex though.

Quite a variety of combination sockets like this were made in the 1950's/60's era, when BS1363 and BS546 plugs were still both in widespread use. And, of course, there were the various adapters too, with all sorts of different combinations of 2-pin and 3-pin outlets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back