Oem partnumber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys ..the rear brake calipers need replacing on my vw golf mk6 2010 1.6di..anyone know the oem part numbers ? Looking on ebay to buy a pair but most say match with oem part number..that I don't know??
Ta

Sponsored Links
Hi guys ..the rear brake calipers need replacing on my vw golf mk6 2010 1.6di..anyone know the oem part numbers ? Looking on ebay to buy a pair but most say match with oem part number..that I don't know??
Ta
Not sure I fully understand your question .. have you not looked for the info. you require on OEM ?

Yes..the mechanic said rear calipers need replacing , however didn't tell the actual part numbers on the calipers, I could go back to him but it's a drive, so what are the oem part numbers for my rear left and right calipers.? I'm assuming mk6 golf 2010 1.6tdi gonna be the same?

Yes..the mechanic said rear calipers need replacing , however didn't tell the actual part numbers on the calipers, I could go back to him but it's a drive, so what are the oem part numbers for my rear left and right calipers.? I'm assuming mk6 golf 2010 1.6tdi gonna be the same?
That's the point I was trying to get across, what's preventing you from looking up the OEM part numbers?
I've used the site many times for BMW & found it straight forward, simply input the last 7 characters of your car's VIN number as a starting point.

Sponsored Links
Call up an official dealer near you. If they have a spare parts counter, they will be able to tell you or sell to you.

BMW's are easier because these are popular with the kids. So, there's a lot more information for that. Other brands don't work the same way. I suspect people like nissan scrub the internet to remove information.

Call up an official dealer near you. If they have a spare parts counter, they will be able to tell you or sell to you.

BMW's are easier because these are popular with the kids. So, there's a lot more information for that. Other brands don't work the same way. I suspect people like nissan scrub the internet to remove information.
Apologies, I was not aware of such variations of usable data.
nb: the older BM's are popular with old fogies like me as well, nothing beats a bit of quality (y)

The easy way......
Go to a good motor factor, give them your reg. number and they’ll have what you need.
Calipers aren’t usually on an exchange basis these days.
John

Gor this

Attachments

• 20230821_165509.jpg
    20230821_165509.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 52
Why not get the mechanic to get them? Any problems with parts or fitting and they will be his problem, not yours. If anyone brings their own parts for me to fit, I always tell them that if they are not the right parts, I can’t afford to have your car, in pieces, taking up workshop space while you fanny around getting the correct parts (especially if you have ordered them by post) and that unless you want to pay for the car to be re-assembled, I will have no option other than to go and buy the correct parts, whatever the cost and from wherever I can get them and it will be for you to organise a refund from your supplier. Even if they go wrong 9 months down the line, you will have to organise the replacement and pay me, again, to fit the replacement parts.

Are you supplying the parts to save a few Bob on the mechanics prices? If I’m not making a bit for laying out my money and collecting and guaranteeing the parts, I usually charge a bit more anyway. It just isn’t worth the possible aggro you could encounter.

Last edited:
That's just about the worst possible place to look for or buy anything from.
I bought loads. Anything china can't do, ebay can. Refund on both places are great. I am getting a refund from ebay today and they are even faster than the chinese.

That's just about the worst possible place to look for or buy anything from.
Presumably you speak from experience, but I've ordered a number of parts from the 'Bay by entering the manuf. part # & choosing a well known aftermarket brand. The only time I've been disappointed was recently when I chose goods in packaging bearing a traditional household name o_O

Sub standard goods successfully returned for a full refund.

Ebay is a world of stolen, broken, fake, substandard rejects or all of the above.
Why anyone would want to buy safety critical components for a car there is a mystery.

Ebay is a world of stolen, broken, fake, substandard rejects or all of the above.
Why anyone would want to buy safety critical components for a car there is a mystery.
Some ebay stuff can be better than oem. I bought amber bulbs that had real amber glass. Oem was painted and failing MOT.

Sponsored Links
Back