Oem partnumber?

I rang 3 vw dealers £278 per caliper..they wouldn't give me the part number of the calipers? Looks like I need to take wheel off and see if I can locate part number

Sponsored Links
I don't see why you need the part number, which probably isn't stamped on it. Any factor should be able to give you the right part, or you should be able to cross reference it with five minutes of Googlin'. (No G)

All you need is a registration number and a motor factor, GG.....the part number ain’t there - just the batch number.
I think I paid around the ton last time, including pads.
John

To satisfy your curiosity of OEM identification, I took out the dealer electric radiator fan I bought long ago. This also allows me to inspect my engine cover leak.
View attachment 311858

The leak is bad. Not sure if it the warped cover or china gasket that is the problem. All my engine oil consumption is going to the AC compressor. The compressor is driven by a china "fly pig" brand belt. It had an extra rib that I sliced off with a knife. It's been in use for many years with no problems. I didn't need the OEM for the belt. As soon as I discovered the brand, I knew that was for me. Not disappointed at all.
View attachment 311859

The motor is a sub-assembly which can be bought and mounted by anyone. It in no way indicates that this is a Bosch fan assembly.

Sponsored Links
The Bosch air-flow sensor for my BMW engined car, cost twice as much from Bosch, as the very same sensor for the same engine were it in a BMW. The difference being that the sensor is attached to a slightly different plastic molding, with a paper seal stuck over the join. Buy the BMW item, and swap the original plastic part, you save £100+.

How is this a problem or surprise?

You bought an expensive German car, all of which have expensive parts and repairs.

Other cheaper cars are available.
They (the older ones at least) also had build quality ;)

All sorted got a pair from local breakers refurbished with warranty
.all good...coudnt see any numbers on old ones though

Sponsored Links
Back