Oh no, not Desmond.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Headline:

Storm Desmond set to unleash 75mph winds and up to 200mm rainfall in 30 hours.

Desmond? Ffs couldn't they name it something more sinister?
Damian, for instance.

Sponsored Links
I admit to being one of those old dinosaurs who thinks that the world was a better place when such storms were routinely given female names.
Of course, we had a sense of humour in those days.

Sponsored Links
They used to name storms after women for a very good reason. When they came they made a lot of noise. When they left, the took your car and half your house with them. :LOL:

Just been helping the wife with replacing the bed linen. She shouted at me for taking too long over my side (I'm a perfectionist), so I explained to her why (before the PC age) they used to name all hurricanes using female names.
She thought it was quite funny, actually.

Just been helping the wife with replacing the bed linen. She shouted at me for taking too long over my side (I'm a perfectionist), so I explained to her why (before the PC age) they used to name all hurricanes using female names.
I also get shouted at when we are replacing the bed linen but that's because I am totally cr^p at it.

I also get shouted at when we are replacing the bed linen but that's because I am totally cr^p at it.
I suppose we are not designed to be good at such things. Woman's work.

Diane would have been even better.

(Wasn't there a Diane on here?)

Sponsored Links
Back