Oh well done ban-all-sheds

joe-90 said:
If he can't win the argument he gets the thread locked. Isn't it time the moderators realised that he is simply manipulating them? Why can't they see what his game is?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for that Joe
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You can be quite a wag :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
ah BAS isnt all that bad but he does get personal

as for me ? i never said i wanted to burn mosques ?

i have never or never will be caught doing an illegal act ( too clever )

i know what i am do most of you know what you truly stand for ?

i never will hide behind a lie i always will stand by me beliefs and the number 1 belief is that CRIMINALS have no rights at all

i have seen too many nice people harmed due to criminal activity and the LAW does nothing

20 mins to get to a burglary = your on your own VIGILANTE is sometimes the only way i agree its not for all and there are pitfalls with it but its working where i live

so where was i ah yes MOST car thieves will do harm in either a physical form or property neither one is not acceptable to me i would want them to be severly punished for that transgretion no mercy no time off HARD TIME in jail or BIRCHING ? have you ever talked to those that do these crimes ? i have and i can tell you they will not listen to anything other than severe punishment i

DRUG dealers need to be getting life and to work in jail HARD LABOUR etc etc etc

I missed the other thread reffered to but have just skimmed over, and as usual, it does appear that a certain shedless person stuck its nose in once again.

The only way to judge people's characters is by what they post.
REALLLYYYY
in that case, that would make you a complete TW*T and a liar:

I do not tell lies. I do not say things that I don't mean simply to wind others up.

you dont tell lies? you accused me of being a murderer, I havnt murdered anyone, all I said was the ***** that MURDERED my sister should be put down - as should kiddy fiddlers, granny bashers etc. But the likes of you that are the cause of this:

i have seen too many nice people harmed due to criminal activity and the LAW does nothing

If there was a decent punishment is would also be a deterrent, PUNISH them and do it properly.

i never will hide behind a lie i always will stand by me beliefs and the number 1 belief is that CRIMINALS have no rights at all

100% with you on that one.

Sponsored Links
eggplant said:
I missed the other thread reffered to but have just skimmed over, and as usual, it does appear that a certain shedless person stuck its nose in once again.

The only way to judge people's characters is by what they post.
REALLLYYYY
in that case, that would make you a complete TW*T and a liar:

I do not tell lies. I do not say things that I don't mean simply to wind others up.

you dont tell lies? you accused me of being a murderer, I havnt murdered anyone, all I said was the ***** that MURDERED my sister should be put down - as should kiddy fiddlers, granny bashers etc. But the likes of you that are the cause of this:

If there was a decent punishment is would also be a deterrent, PUNISH them and do it properly.

100% with you on that one.
sorry to hear about your sister

ban-all-sheds said:
Softus said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Softus said:
It was an absolutely selfish and utterly pointless contribution.
I didn't know that normal moderating service had been resumed.
...you not knowing something allows you fully evade all responsbility for the ridiculous post you made against Slogger.
It wasn't a ridiculous post, it was the truth, and you know it.
You can attempt to squirm away from the point, but it doesn't make any difference whether or not your post contained the truth, or whether or not I know it. It was an inappropriate place to post, it was an inappropriate manner, and anyone prepared to exercise any insight whatsoever would not be surprised that it led to the topic being locked. You, of all people, should have foreseen it, and THAT is why it was ridiculous.

I didn't know that Slogger was allowed to advocate crimes, up to and including crimes against humanity, and not be criticised for it.
Don't be so f***ing stupid - you KNOW that he isn't "allowed" to do any of that,
I don't see the mods putting a stop to it...
What is the point of saying that? Are you seriously suggesting that, because the moderators don't prohibit or prevent something that you believe they should, leaving aside why you think they should, it's tantamount to Slogger being "allowed"?

Bizarre as your argument is, if one accepts the premise that he was "allowed" by moderator inaction, then it becomes straightforward to believe that your claim of not knowing it is a lie.

It is a lie because you DO know it - you've been making a stand against that very absence of moderator intervention for weeks, if not months, if not years.

So, if you are to be believed in your claim that you did not know, then it is a lie and you are a liar, hoisted by your own dislike of the type of twisty turny spirally reasoning and for which you criticise other people. In turn, this also makes you one of the forums biggest ever hyprocrites.

So don't be dumb, don't act dumb, own up to what you've done, and stop winding people up under the pretext of the common good when the truth is that it serves no purposes other that your own.
It wasn't a wind-up, I meant every word of it.
Once again you've taken my words and decided to contradict a meaning that wasn't even there.

I didn't say that your post was a wind-up, I said "stop winding people up".

You post some words, some people get wound up. It's foreseeable, but you stride on regardless of the mayhem that you create, sanctimonious in your claim of having the right to Point Things Out To People.

It's almost too late for an apology, but seeing that you're capable of it would be nice surprise.
I'm sorry the thread got locked, for that was not my intention.
That's not an apology, that's just an expression of regret that your selfish line of attack was truncated. An apology would be an unequivocal recognition of responsibility for your post and the forseeable effect that it had, without a pathetic redirection of fault at someone else, e.g. a moderator.

I am not sorry for what I said about Slogger, and there is no amount of vituperation that I can direct at that thing for which I would later be sorry.
There's a time and a place for everything, but you appear to regard any topic, at any time, as a convenient place for you to vituperate to your heart's content. That act is consistent with the outlook of an utterly selfish, self-centred, blinkered, uncivilised person.

ban-all-sheds said:
Softus said:
I had no intention, whatsover, of this topic being a civil one. The frequent locking of topic or deleting of posts immediately following a b-a-s intervention is just boring and counter-productive.
There are others who are far worse offenders.
This sounds remarkably similar to the time-honoured "two wrongs make a right" argument - he did it much worse than me so I should be allowed to get away with it. It's pathetic.

And I do not set out to get threads locked.
Oh, big deal. Is that supposed to be impressive? Ooh, your honour, I didn't 'set out' (sic.) to break the speed limit - it was the fault of the road for not offering enough friction to slow down the tyres.

Frankly, it's about time you learned how to prevent and avoid topics being locked.

eggplant said:
you dont tell lies? you accused me of being a murderer, I havnt murdered anyone, all I said was the ***** that MURDERED my sister should be put down - as should kiddy fiddlers, granny bashers etc.
You said that you wanted to line people up and shoot them and ignore their human rights, i.e. including the right to a fair trial, legal representation, unbiased judiciary etc etc.

Which would make the killings murder.

I think it's reasonable, and common enough, that if a person vehemently wants to be an XYZ, and thinks that being an XYZ is a good and desirable thing, to call him an XYZ.

But even if you disagree, my calling you that was not a lie - you should look up what that word means.

Edited to correct typo 12:00 19/09/06

Softus said:
You can attempt to squirm away from the point, but it doesn't make any difference whether or not your post contained the truth, or whether or not I know it. It was an inappropriate place to post, it was an inappropriate manner, and anyone prepared to exercise any insight whatsoever would not be surprised that it led to the topic being locked. You, of all people, should have foreseen it, and THAT is why it was ridiculous.
If you consider a reasoned, and/or persistent disagreement with your position "squirming" then so be it.

Insofar as it got the post locked it turned out to be inappropriate, but since there is no consistent standard of "appropriateness" that can be used to judge if a post should be made, it was difficult to foresee that the post would be locked.

So even though I have a reasonable expectation that you will again accuse me of squirming, I again reject your charge that my post was "ridiculous".

What is the point of saying that? Are you seriously suggesting that, because the moderators don't prohibit or prevent something that you believe they should, leaving aside why you think they should, it's tantamount to Slogger being "allowed"?
Err - yes, as it happens. If particular behaviour is not prevented by the moderators when they have the power to do so then they are allowing the behaviour to take place.

If you had a child in a shop, and he was running wild, knocking things over, dragging things from shelves onto the floor, and you were doing nothing, then it would be reasonable for people to ask you why you were allowing him to do it.

Bizarre as your argument is, if one accepts the premise that he was "allowed" by moderator inaction, then it becomes straightforward to believe that your claim of not knowing it is a lie.

It is a lie because you DO know it - you've been making a stand against that very absence of moderator intervention for weeks, if not months, if not years.
What I said was that I did not know that normal moderating service had been resumed, i.e. I did not know that the practice of allowing Slogger free rein to post his filth whilst shutting down those who criticise him for it was back in action.

So, if you are to be believed in your claim that you did not know, then it is a lie and you are a liar, hoisted by your own dislike of the type of twisty turny spirally reasoning and for which you criticise other people. In turn, this also makes you one of the forums biggest ever hyprocrites.
House of cards, dear boy. My comment about not realising that the mods had gone back to their old ways was not an untruth knowingly told in order to deceive.

So don't be dumb, don't act dumb, own up to what you've done, and stop winding people up under the pretext of the common good when the truth is that it serves no purposes other that your own.
It wasn't a wind-up, I meant every word of it.
Once again you've taken my words and decided to contradict a meaning that wasn't even there.

I didn't say that your post was a wind-up, I said "stop winding people up".

You post some words, some people get wound up.
OK - that wasn't the interpretation I placed on your phrase "winding people up". I have no control over what people will find annoying, or infuriating, or offensive etc. So for you to say that I should not make posts that get people wound up is tantamount to saying that I should not post anything if I know that someone else will disagree with it, even violently disagree with it, whether or not I believe that I am right and they are wrong.

It's an intriguing idea - it would be interesting to see what this forum would be like if it were universally applied.

It's foreseeable, but you stride on regardless of the mayhem that you create, sanctimonious in your claim of having the right to Point Things Out To People.
[sigh]I have just as much right to Point Things Out To People as others have to make posts revelling in criminal behaviour and Pointing Out To Me the desirability of doling out death and destruction.[/sigh]

It's almost too late for an apology, but seeing that you're capable of it would be nice surprise.
I'm sorry the thread got locked, for that was not my intention.
That's not an apology, that's just an expression of regret that your selfish line of attack was truncated. An apology would be an unequivocal recognition of responsibility for your post and the forseeable effect that it had, without a pathetic redirection of fault at someone else, e.g. a moderator.
I believe I've covered the issue of it being foreseeable.
I advise you not to hold your breath waiting for me to accept total responsibility for the locking of the thread.

I am not sorry for what I said about Slogger, and there is no amount of vituperation that I can direct at that thing for which I would later be sorry.
There's a time and a place for everything, but you appear to regard any topic, at any time, as a convenient place for you to vituperate to your heart's content. That act is consistent with the outlook of an utterly selfish, self-centred, blinkered, uncivilised person.
No - it is an act consistent with someone who will not tolerate the expression of views like Slogger's for one second, anywhere, at any time.

ban-all-sheds said:
Softus said:
I had no intention, whatsover, of this topic being a civil one. The frequent locking of topic or deleting of posts immediately following a b-a-s intervention is just boring and counter-productive.
There are others who are far worse offenders.
This sounds remarkably similar to the time-honoured "two wrongs make a right" argument - he did it much worse than me so I should be allowed to get away with it. It's pathetic.
Just trying to put your attacks on me in perspective.

And I do not set out to get threads locked.
Oh, big deal. Is that supposed to be impressive? Ooh, your honour, I didn't 'set out' (sic.) to break the speed limit - it was the fault of the road for not offering enough friction to slow down the tyres.
Now who's being pathetic? Do you not recognise the concept of intent, and how it affects how serious a transgression is?

Frankly, it's about time you learned how to prevent and avoid topics being locked.
I am considering my options.

notb665 said:
I often can't be as bothered as b-a-s, but I support him 110%.

Notty, I'm very sorry to have to inform you that being a numerical illiterate, you don't count.

One thing I have deduced from this and the many other threads is..

I think you are all pretty damn intelligent..personal views aside I reckon somewhere along the line you'd make a good government..(if you ever
arguing)

NO SARCASM IMPLIED EITHER

Zampa said:
One thing I have deduced from this and the many other threads is..

I think you are all pretty damn intelligent..personal views aside I reckon somewhere along the line you'd make a good government..(if you ever
arguing)

NO SARCASM IMPLIED EITHER

I must take issue with this.

I know many governments may argue a great deal, however, sometimes we need to STOP arguing so much and focus on a collective positive resolution of defined action to achieve a better tomorrow.

Welcome back Zampa...not seen you about for a while :)

noodlz said:
notb665 said:
I often can't be as bothered as b-a-s, but I support him 110%.

Notty, I'm very sorry to have to inform you that being a numerical illiterate, you don't count.

I am not a numerical illiterate, and do not know how you arrived at this statement.

Sponsored Links
Back