oil boiler and aga

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, just a question on oil tanks ect....

currently i have an aga witch burns from my oil tank, im looking to fit a outside boiler (oil)... would i need to buy another seprate tank to feed my new boiler or can i just tee into the oil pipe as it passes where i want to put my oil boiler...

cheers :D

Sponsored Links
Its common enough to run two separate units from one tank - but an isolator and fire stop valve on each pipe run is a good idea.
John :)

You will need fire valves for each appliance.
But running both boiler and aga from the same fuel pipe even
won't be a problem.

Running an AGA and a boiler on a single 10mm supply pipe can be VERY DANGEROUS!! if the oil filter at the tanks blocks up, the oil pump on the boiler will suck the oil out of the OCV on the AGA which causes the AGA to go out, when the boiler stops the OCV fills up again flodds the HOT BURNER with potential to explode and YES I have seen the aftermarth of this scenario on TWO diffrent occasions!

Run 2 separate oil lines via 2 separate filters, if there is a tankmaster filter, remove the element ;)

Sponsored Links
Strewth :eek:
Back to school for me.
Whats to stop the pressure jet system sucking oil back through the vaporiser filter though? Do we just assume that blockage on both filters is unlikely?
Thanks for this....the Oftec installation book obviously recommends a manifold at the tank.

Strewth :eek:
Back to school for me.
Whats to stop the pressure jet system sucking oil back through the vaporiser filter though? Do we just assume that blockage on both filters is unlikely?
Thanks for this....the Oftec installation book obviously recommends a manifold at the tank.
As BM 2 has alreaady said.
That is why any filter on the "Common" pipe work is removed.
If both lines are taken from a Tee BEFORE the filters how could this happen.

Tank valve.
Tee
Iso valve on each supply
Filter on each supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back