Oil Boiler died - suggests for replacement ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester 15/19 is dead , the water jacket has rusted through in multiple places :(

So the question is go for another worcester or something different ?

Any recommended suppliers ?

Sponsored Links
Have another Worcester, 5 yr warranty from an accredited installer.

Investigate whether the system has been pumping over, or has leak, to cause the rusting.

Sponsored Links
I've fitted a couple of Mistral oil boilers, no problems yet but perhaps the more experienced Oil fitters may have more knowlage of them... They are local to you too, made in Telford.

You don't happen to have any trees in your garden that you can chop down do you?? ;)

He he he... And the output of a 12kW airsource at an ambient temp of minus 10 is????..... :evil:

Take a look at air source heat pumps. 12kw
Will be more economical to run than oil.

And will not heat your radiators to more than 50C. You can sit & watch the leccy meter spin round like a hamster on a wheel, when it hits -16C this winter........... :LOL: :LOL:

ASHPs what a pile of sh.te!!!

Answer to above = 60 watts :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A Grant Vortex would make an excellent replacement Boiler - another paddy but also the most efficient oil fired boiler on the market

As has already been mentioned - check your system design to make sure the F&E tank is not pumping over, it is not common for "multiple corrosion holes to appear in a 15/19 ! ;)

can you explain " F&E tank is not pumping over " ? please - i'm lost

Basically get your installer to check that the circulation pump, feed & expansion pipes are connected in the correct order. Your boiler problems could be a result of the circulation pump pumping over into your F&E tank & causing air to be introduced into your system.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back