Install a Replacement Oil Burner Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have been informed that my oil boiler needs a replacement burner for an old Worcester heat slave 15/19.

This was the quote I was issued

Worcester Burner £431+vat
Labour 2 - 3 hours £180+vat

Please can you tell me if this is reasonable?

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Depends which burner it is worcester have used several so price could be about right .
Labour should include commissioning with combustion analysis so that's ok.
I spend most of my time at work replacing oil boilers.
I would personally think very hard before spending £700 + on a old Worcester combi.
They are just about the most common leaking boiler I take out. Leak from both main hex and heat store.

Okay thankyou for your quick reply. Could you recommend a good oil boiler for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house? I have heard that Worcester are not easy to service.

Current worcesters are awfully not great to service. I've replaced I think at least 5 this year leaking between 5 and 7 years old.
Warmflow don't go there Firebird okish but if you need advice out of warranty hard luck!
Hounsfield decent boilers but don't make a combi
You would have to go hot water storage route .
But maybe no bad thing with 2 bathrooms.
Grant full range of both combi and standard boilers currently 10 year warranty on vortex pro range and in my experience best back up in market.

Sponsored Links
Okay that's great. Thankyou. I will take a look in to Grant oil boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back