Oil Boiler lockout problem revisited.

Usually longer than that, but if your spare one is known to be good, it at least eliminates the possibility if you pop it on!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Boiler just locked out again.
Took 5 presses of the reset button to get it going.

First couple of presses I got a very slight hum.
Then a louder hum.
Then a louder hum and a click.
Then finally it fired up.

I don't know if that narrows down the diagnosis at all.

Thanks

With a suitable meter you can measure the capacitance. That often falls off when they age.

Dont you mean a 6202 ZZ John? Double metal seal?

Tony

Talking of boiler services, is there a description anywhere of all the things that should be done in an annual boiler service?

Sponsored Links
With a suitable meter you can measure the capacitance. That often falls off when they age.

Dont you mean a 6202 ZZ John? Double metal seal?

Tony

Thats the one Tony! :oops:
Edit- Just had a 10 pack delivered this morning.......double metal seal but only the one 'Z' :eek:
Oh well

Boiler just locked out again.
Took 5 presses of the reset button to get it going.

First couple of presses I got a very slight hum.
Then a louder hum.
Then a louder hum and a click.
Then finally it fired up.

I don't know if that narrows down the diagnosis at all.

Thanks

Hums usually mean that the motor can't or doesn't know which way to spin (often a hammer shock will kick it into life as this induces an 'exciter' current ) :p
The click is from the control box that refuses to play, as its in the huff courtesy of the motor!

The hum can be a capacitor too weak, or it can be a tight spot on the motor windings or it can be a dead spot on the motor windings or it can be a notchy pump. Have you taken the pump off yet to seee if it is tight, rough or notchy?

Talking of boiler services, is there a description anywhere of all the things that should be done in an annual boiler service?

Very briefly it consists of, removal of all baffles, clean, clean combustion chamber, check flue (inc joints), complete strip check and clean of burner components, replace Nozzle, flexi pipe(s) if due or required, check/clean filter(s), water test on fuel in tank, check firevale operation and position, refit everything, check fuse is correct rating, fire boiler and perform flue gas analysis, record results and any defects/ non complianses etc on check sheet, finish cuppa, fill out invoice, collect payment, drive off!

Thanks to all who helped with their replies.

Oil pump was replaced and motor lubricated. All appears well now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back