OK - I give in

masona said:
This is the bit I was trying to say last time but somehow doesn't seem to get the message across. I can understand if BAS is angry about death penatly but never gave me another chance to think about it the way he put it across to me.
True - I did not. You said you would bring back the death penalty, and I said that that made you an ignorant, violent, uncivilised ****.

Now, on the one hand that is what I think about people who want the death penalty, but I was wrong not to give you the chance to think about it, and for that I do apologise.

But the thread is digressing - I note with sadness but no surprise that the mods are unable to explain why they not only allow people to advocate criminal behaviour, but also protect them from personal criticism.

Quite frankly, the way they bang on about the family values of this forum whilst allowing Slogger to describe the violence he would like to commit turns my stomach, and I can see little point in carrying on trying to explain that or trying to complain.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
So do you really think that any opinion, no matter how extreme or unpleasant, can be voiced here without it saying things about the person themselves?

Yes I do

I think that it is right and proper to state that you disagee with someone opinions by the use of strong words and statements but to direct personal insults at people imo is not right. Once anyone goes down the path of personal insults it looks like they can't sustain the arguement.

Nothing personal meant by this btw just my opinion :)

bas, after reading the above you defiantly come across as Obnoxious and arrogant and unable to see things from another’s point of view, whilst i can understand your mighty ****ed off and i defiantly can understand with the mods situation, i don’t think the "IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG IM NOT EVEN GOING TO HEAR YOUR P.O.V BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH" technique isn’t going to win you any support, and those who agree whole heartedly with you aren’t going to side with you, plus it makes you look bad to people who don’t have an opinion of you.....

my own opinion is that if a paedophile/rapist(not a 1 night consenting stand with mind changing) is caught and its 100% water tight then yes, id have no problem with them being shot or better still, their *******s cut off, gets rid of the urges...

However, i also think that the price of sending them to jail, and inadvertently sending them to an even worse fate than death is money well spent - life means life though no more of this "man kills 10 year old, and sexually assaults and then is out in 5 years" ****e

so because i wouldn’t loose any sleep over a proven pedo being killed, that makes me a "ignorant, violent, uncivilised ****. " i suppose?

i think bas, that you need to take a step back from the forums and then come back with a level head because your going to have a lot of enemies on the forums if not already, and by your manner, intended or not the way you come across is going to create more by the day, don’t let yourself go down the slippery slope so far as you cant get back out :cool:

Winstonchurchill said:
ban-all-sheds said:
So do you really think that any opinion, no matter how extreme or unpleasant, can be voiced here without it saying things about the person themselves?

Yes I do.
So you're interviewing for a job, and you have 2 candidates, nothing to choose between them, and you ask them each what they do in their spare time:

A: "I play golf and watch TV"

B: "I cruise the streets equipped with pliers, blowtorch and an axe looking for paedophiles to maim and kill"

And you'd really not have any qualms about what sort of person B was?

Sponsored Links
supersparky said:
my own opinion is that if a paedophile/rapist(not a 1 night consenting stand with mind changing) is caught and its 100% water tight then yes, id have no problem with them being shot or better still, their **** cut off, gets rid of the urges...
supersparky said:
...i wouldn’t loose any sleep over a proven pedo being killed...
supersparky said:
...you defiantly come across as Obnoxious and arrogant...
S'funny how often this combination of opinions appears from the same poster.

ban-all-sheds said:
Winstonchurchill said:
ban-all-sheds said:

Yes I do.
So you're interviewing for a job, and you have 2 candidates, nothing to choose between them, and you ask them each what they do in their spare time:

A: "I play golf and watch TV"

B: "I cruise the streets equipped with pliers, blowtorch and an axe looking for paedophiles to maim and kill"

And you'd really not have any qualms about what sort of person B was?

I agree with you here.

Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear in my post I'm talking about what appears to be happening in posts on here in "cyberworld" :)

supersparky said:
bas, after reading the above you defiantly come across as Obnoxious and arrogant and unable to see things from another’s point of view, whilst i can understand your mighty p****d off and i defiantly can understand with the mods situation, i don’t think the "IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG IM NOT EVEN GOING TO HEAR YOUR P.O.V BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH" technique isn’t going to win you any support, and those who agree whole heartedly with you aren’t going to side with you, plus it makes you look bad to people who don’t have an opinion of you.....
Err... isn't that you saying you think I'm wrong?

And yet again, it seems, I have to explain this - for the last time, as it's getting really tedious - I'm not denying anybody the right to put their POV. I just want to tell people who have what I consider disgusting POVs that they are disgusting.

my own opinion is that if a paedophile/rapist(not a 1 night consenting stand with mind changing) is caught and its 100% water tight then yes, id have no problem with them being shot or better still, their **** cut off, gets rid of the urges...
And there is no point whatsoever me commenting on that, is there?

so because i wouldn’t loose any sleep over a proven pedo being killed, that makes me a "ignorant, violent, uncivilised ****. " i suppose?
Do you really want me to answer that?

After all that I've written, do you still not understand what I think about people who want to use violence as a means of social control?

i think bas, that you need to take a step back from the forums and then come back with a level head because your going to have a lot of enemies on the forums if not already, and by your manner, intended or not the way you come across is going to create more by the day, don’t let yourself go down the slippery slope so far as you cant get back out :cool:
I thank you for your concern, but I have a perfectly level head. I do not want violence to be the way that society organises itself.

Violence is the refuge of the unthinking, the uncivilised, the person who turns his back on rationality and gives vent to primitive instincts.

If Slogger actually went out and did the things that he says he wants to, and then when caught started ranting like he does here, there's a very good chance that he'd be diagnosed as a psychopath. I am not the one whose level-headedness you need to worry about.

Winstonchurchill said:
I agree with you here.

Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear in my post I'm talking about what appears to be happening in posts on here in "cyberworld" :)
What happens here is people say what they think (as I've yet to see a post from any of the beating and killing brigade to say that they were lying).

They say what their opinions are.

They say what they would like to do.

So in what way does saying it on a discussion forum make it any less "them" than saying it verbally?

well then where do i begin

i never lied i would take the law into my own hands if and when the situation arose that i thought needed ( who wouldnt )

i have actively been involved in taking a criminal and showing him the error of his ways ( made him cry i did ) on numerous occasions cant go into detail you might say i was bragging

i dont see you as an enemy B.A.S why would i , as i have said your entitled to your views as i am

i know for sure that if i didnt do what i do in my neighbourhood there would be more incidents of viloence towards the elderly and asian shop owners,my errr justice is a tad more instant and if i am caught i will accept what the law will dish out but whos going to point the finger at me :?: :LOL:

one day you never know you might be needing the help of an individual that is like minded to myself and not held back by the constraints of the society we have today then you will be glad he was there till then PEACE :D

WHO CARES WINS ( always )

Every thread the same BAS just the names may be different, your point of view only so it makes you happy that you can slap yourself on the back and sleep soundly, unfortunatly nothing changed but a another nail in diynot's coffin firmly driven home by yourself.

Freddie said:
your point of view only.
Congratulations Freddie - you have now repeatedly ignored what I have repeatedly said about other peoples' point of view enough times to be awarded honorary Joe-90 status.

Moz said:
B.A.S ,

I pity you ...
Why, thank you Moz - I'm deeply moved.

Coming from such an expert in pity as yourself, your concern for me is very touching.

come on guys its really not dignified your so obviously snapping at B.A.S out of spit, just let it go its a brave new day. :D

QUOTES FROM BAS ON THIS THREAD-----

1.I don't want anyone to go away, but I would be delighted if the thugs and bigots here were persuaded by sheer weight of criticism to stop posting their unpleasant opinions.----

ANSWER--It is their right too.

2.It's not ranting verbal abuse - it is me expressing my opinion of what I truly think of the person.

ANSWER---So regardless of the thread as pointed out endless times before you think you can come into a thread with personal attacks on forum members and destroy it.

3.Ah - so what a twisted set of rules we have. The rules permit people to advocate torture and murder, but prevent me from airing my view about the sort of person that makes them.

ANSWER---It's not your forum but you seem to want to alter the rules to suit you and not abide by the rules like the rest of us.

AND ON AND ON...............

Too be honest BAS, members post on here within the rules on what they are permitted too, if they post things that break forum rules then it is for the mods to sort out not you or for you to launch into your self rightious self opinionated attacks on that person who is legally presenting his views on that particular subject.

You do it as you have already admitted to attempt silence that person, which is not what a forum is for, then if you get moderated for it, you whine like hell because the rules dont suit you.

All this has been explained over and over again to you but you still wont accept it----the only answer is either accept the rules and the points that we are all allowed to express an opinion with out personall attacks by you or go elsewhere where it suits you.

If you want a forum where the person who states an opinion on a topic is then subject to a multi-page rant of abuse and name calling just because they think other than you, then i think even more of the members will go as 2 are supposed to have already. That may suit you but not the forum or any newcomers.

This is my last post on this subject as it must be blindingly obvious what the problem is.

Sponsored Links
Back