Old house - No electric supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking into moving into a house with no current electric supply.

There is houses locally (50 meters in distance) that do have electric via overhead cabling.

Would i need to pay for the electric company to connect me up and install the meter?

Many thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
More than likely! You'll need to approach your network operator and enquire about a new supply.

There are some grants available to supply lecky to properties that currently have no provision, but I have only ever seen these on properties which are extremely remote from supply. 50m is not too far, and you are more than likely going to have to pay for the full cost for the supply provision.

Sponsored Links
The connection rules were changed in 2005 and everyone now has to pay the full cost of connection. You can get an authorised contractor to do it for you instead of the DNO, but it is almost certainly not worthwhile for a single house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back