Old pipework failed, whos fault ?

I got a letter today from the customers solicitor saying " due to a family illness my clients do not need the upset this is going to cause them,so with your agreement the court case will not be needed and as from today the claim is not going ahead".It was 2 pages long but thats the jist of it. They got another star expert in who was on the job 2 hours took 145 photos,told them "pipework in some places is very old and a boiler change does not cover replacing radiator pipework". That cost £1550 to take 145 photos and write a load of rubbish and send it in a nice looking folder.At last its over im made up cheers

Sponsored Links
Well done! Great news.......my guess is following the report their brief told em they had little chance of succeeding. As has ben said before......some people like to try it on. Nice early christmas present tho :D

Well done :cool:

The point is have they paid the bill, or do you need to remind their Solicitor that it's still outstanding.

good on you for standing your ground. Let iy be a lesson on the need to put a disclaimer on any quotes/invoices. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Cheers boys and i got paid for the job but as you will know yourselves its horrible thinking "what if i have to pay out for all there costs" it would have meant me packing up and trying to find a decent firm,but ive learnt from it and if i ever do find myself in that situation it wont be me paying the costs if it comes to it,and my qoutes are as clear as can be about old pipework.cheers boys alan

I am very pleased to hear that this expert took a very sensible attitude to the situation!

Do you want to tell us who he is?

A non grovelling simple thank you card might be a good idea thanking him for taking a reasonable view.

£1500 for a days work though?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back