Spirotrap Magnabooster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 5 year old condensing boiler and all new pipework and rads. Fernox superconcentrate central heating protector is in the system. I've been told by BG to fit a Spriotrap Magnabooster otherwise any sludge damage to the boiler is not covered by their HomeCare agreement.

I don't have any cold spots on the rads and the system has never had any problems. Do I need a Spiro?

Sponsored Links
if it stops them weasling out of their contract, do it.

It will do no harm and might do some good, even if all your pipes and radiators are brand new and you have added inhibitor.

Give BG the push and don't look back.

This is true, my mother inlaw had a contract with these a while back and actually knackered up a good boiler and manged to wrangle out of their own contract to replace the boiler if it ever broke. Even though they broke it!!!!

Shes has a new one now off of Warmfront

Sponsored Links
Warm front are worse!!!!

Doesn't really sound like you need a spirovent, they are good to have but bg need to sell sell sell, no doubt quoted around £250 supply and fit

Warm front are worse!!!!

Doesn't really sound like you need a spirovent, they are good to have but bg need to sell sell sell, no doubt quoted around £250 supply and fit

They only installed it, didnt do too bad a job of it too.

Whats wrong with advising on something thats going to protect the boiler and keep it running longer?, and yes i do work for bg.

There's a world of difference between advising that it might be a good idea, and insisting that the customer has it if they want their contract to remain valid...

We dont advise them there contract would be invalid, there are t&c's that would stop us doing that and if any bg engineers did do that then i'd be the first to bad mouth them, has anyone actually got any proof that our engineers say these things or is it just sour grapes that we work for bg?.

Thats the point, we advise on spirotech/magnaceans etc to stop sludge build up which isn't covered by homecare, its all in the t&c's that every customer gets when they take out our contract :D :D :D

T+C's state the first repair for sludge/blockage is covered. After that you will be advised what needs to be done to keep the T+C's as they are......filter,flush,locusts, whatever.

Cheers nickso what i meant was getting ris off sludge eg powerflush isn't covered so whats wrong with advising on having a spirotech fitted?, i quote at every job and if the customer wants to have it fitted, fine its better to give them the option.

Cheers nickso what i meant was getting ris off sludge eg powerflush isn't covered so whats wrong with advising on having a spirotech fitted?, i quote at every job and if the customer wants to have it fitted, fine its better to give them the option.

With respect....********.

If it isn't needed on a clean system then it isn't needed. The "quote on every job" brigade are seriously deluded and misinformed. Customers are often too stupid to make an informed decision. To quote on a system that you haven't even done any water work on is simply unnacceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back